Health and Fitness, December 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Twins' Mom

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2014

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:23 pm

I got in my 10k steps. I had a streak of 8 days, then took off Saturday with some foot aches and pain. I've hit 10k the last two days now.

Not even wanting to weigh. I'm not eating that badly but it feels like my weight is up up and away.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Back from my walk w my reflective vest on, warmer temps here helped to motivate me ex. Done yea!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Need to get in more steps on my pedometer before my bedtime tonight. I was too low yesterday, but had only 4 hours of sleep, and needed to rest, too, and crocheted. When I write letters, crochet, and journal, I don't get steps in, since I'm, obviously, sitting.

If I read tonight, I'll put the book or Nook, on the upright back of my recliner and will step/march in place there. My project I want to do, is read e-books of poetry and short stories, list them in my steno pad (which is right there) and then delete read e-books off my Nook. If I read and step/march at the same time, I'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone, getting reading done AND gaining pedometer steps and good endorphins. The more steps I get, the better I rest/sleep at night, too. I feel like I have a better outlook and attitude and sleep better, too. It's a win-win situation. I LIKE THAT! :P
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Yesterday morning I ran 2/3 mile with Willis and again 1/2mile while walking the pups last night. Then I went to my fitness class.

The guy who runs it is a physical therapist among other things. After Sat morning's workout I told him about some pain that had showed up sort of in my groin to thigh area. He told me those were my hip flexors muscles and are responsible for most of the pain for people who exercise. He promised to stretch my muscles for me Monday night.

Last night he placed me on a table and proceeded to stretch my muscles....boy did that hurt. Figured it would because I've had that done before to other parts of my body. Anyway, after he was finished and with an hour more of work outs my "leg" feels much better.

During the past month I have gained 3.5 lbs...part from meds and part from life. I wanted to see what would happen if I cut back on my gazelle work and relaxed my eating just a tad. Also I have added a lot of weight and strength training to my program.

I've learned much with my classes about the importance of eating carbs...which of course I try to eliminate. However now that I understand why I need to add some higher carbs into my life if I don't want to see a yo-yo effected on my body. I've added a bit more on a daily basis and I have lost 1.8 lbs of the 3.5 since Sat.

Many women at the fitness class have lost tons of weight... 60 lbs is about average....so I am listening. However many do not eat meat and I'm not going down that road. Between my newer eating and different approach to exercise I am finding that I have more energy, speed...I can RUN and better balance. I am much stronger than I was before I started so I am sure my body is adjusting to added muscle mass and reduction to fat.

Must be working because I have dropped another pant size. Now if I could only get this belly fat to disappear. LOL
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:49 pm

Our walk to the store today guaranteed me my 10K (I'm only 500 short and it is only late afternoon.)

The others in my fitbit group are not walking much so I'm actually at 34th place today! Given that my goal for the month is high 40s, this is amazing but it is more due to the others cutting back with the cold and ice while I'm using my treadmill desk to keep my numbers high.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:03 pm

Got the leaves out of neighbors front yd today changed the bedding in the run and coop hens loved that got it done just in ti e before the rains hit yea, counting that as part of my ex for today!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Last week results from my 3 H&F goals -

** 71% posting in H&F forum. - I'm okay with this because I didn't have internet access the last 2 days of the week to post. I was 100% for every day that I had internet access.

** 42% exceeding 8500 steps each day. My daily average was 9900 steps, but this wasn't my goal. This shows me how sitting and doing paperwork is a reason to really pay attention to amount of movement I do.

** 85% tracking breakfast & lunch in MFP. I missed one day otherwise I did excellent.

Although my percentage of success is less than I want, I'm not frustrated about it. I'm learning and establishing healthy habits. Hopefully by the end of the month the percentage of success will be higher in each of my 3 goals for this month.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Did my walk today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:06 am

Still hitting 10K steps daily. Weight was down yesterday but back up a bit today from the Christmas party last night, I suspect.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:59 am

Did my arm workout last evening.

Return to “Healthy Habits”