FelineFriend

Re: Health and Fitness January, 2015

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:50 am

Today's exercise consisted of:
15 minutes of stretching,
20 minutes of a moderate walk,
36 minutes of heavy housework,
10 minutes of moderate lifting.

My weight's not an issue, since my Thyroid's messed up.
I'm not going to "obsess" about the small weight gain, my Dr. and nurse told me I'll have, once my Thyroid level turns around.
It doesn't matter to me if it's 5 - 10 Lbs. I just want my hair to stop falling out, the Tinnitus to go away, and to regain a good energy level.

Honestly, I don't "know" if it's turned around yet, or not. I'll only know, in mid-Feb., when I'm tested again.
Some days I have no Tinnitus, I have a lot of energy, feel very good, and my hair doesn't seem to be falling out, to me.
I don't know if it's just "wishful thinking," on my part, or if, indeed, there IS a change going about inside my body! :?:
It'd be so wonderful to have it level out and be normal, after several months of re-checking it. :P
A girl can dream, can't she? :?: ;)
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:58 pm

Did my ex. Yesterday.
Done with today except finishing up on the ex bike doing that
now.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:23 am

Didn't snack last night, was active all day, and weighed 173 Lbs. this a.m. It means I've lost -112 Lbs. now.

I didn't snack this evening, I was very active all day, and feel good and will sleep well tonight, too. I always do, when I've gotten in a lot of physical activity.

Tomorrow, I'll try to get in some yoga and walking again. :idea:

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:25 pm

FF..that is so amazing. I am always so impressed when you post your total weight loss. You should feel so proud of yourself.

I went to my fit group last night. Had to weigh in and then do some physical test so I have data on my "starting" points. Ran, without stopping I might add, a quarter of a mile in 2 minutes and 52 seconds. I've never been a runner so I am feeling really good about that. I did 28 "man" or real pushups in one minute...beat every one there and I am the oldest :lol: and did 48 squats during another minute.

I have biceps again which may not be a big deal to others, but is to me. I have always been much physically stronger than most women; a fact that I have always been proud of....mainly because its meant that I didn't have to ask for help to do things. And now they are coming back.

This fitness class that I have joined is being directed by a physical therapist. I love it because he is teaching us the correct way to exercize and individuallty corrects our form if we are doing something wrong. He knows that I have suffered with a neck injury from a past car accident and makes sure that what ever I am doing exercise wise will not aggravate it.

After class last night he pulled me aside and asked if he could work on my neck. I'm very funny about who touches my neck, but I trust him. Told me what he wanted to might leave marks around my neck making me look like I had a bunch of hickeys. I told him I didn't care.

The procedure is called muscle scrapping and is something new. He used a banana shaped piece of metal about the thickness of the end of a dinner knife. He started at the base of my skull and pulled it down my neck like he was trying to scrap the skin off. Told me if the pain got to intense to let him know. He went all around the back of my neck, and then worked on my front. He told me that sometimes the fibers of the muscles get into knots and this procedure breaks the knots away.

Sounds really weird I know, but within minutes my neck was moving better than it has for a very long time. I couldn't believe the difference I felt just driving home. This morning I woke up with "hickeys" but I can move my neck and head in ways that I haven't been able to in years. I sent him a message this morning thanking him for what he had done. He wrote back saying sometime the muscle scrapping work for some people and sometimes it doesn't All I can tell you is he can do this procedure to me any time he wants :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:42 pm

Short walk done.
Shopping done.
30 min. On gazelle done.
10 mi. On ex bike done.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Ramblin', that's great about your neck and about the push-ups. Physical therapy based exercise is wonderful and I love it. I have got to look for those portable stevia single servings with flavor.

FFriend, I hope your tinnitus is much better with the changes.

My breakfast was on-plan, but at lunch the mother of the child I was keeping had to call and ask me to meet her, the other child and the nurse at taco bell. I'm sure it helped that they didn't have to drive to my house again. But they had had a tough day at therapy, little special-needs child had gotten upset for some reason (always a mystery because she cannot speak), just a lot going on. Never could get my thinking-cap back on again for good habits. Kinda disappointed in myself that stress affects me that way.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:10 am

RR , thank you! :D

Harriet , Today, I noticed the Tinnitus and found long loose hairs about 4 times! :roll: It's so discouraging. But I keep hoping for the best and try to put it out of my mind, how Dr. asked me if I've ever had Thyroid cancer or nodules removed from my Thyroid before. :o I keep telling myself, to just "wait" until I get those results in mid-February. I don't want to dwell on what could be possible, if everything can be normal, when I'm checked again, because I would have used up so much wasted "worry-energy". Know what I mean? :?:

I was 173.3 Lbs. this a.m., I felt like I was freezing to death, a few times, and right now, it's 10 p.m., and I'm having those terrible hunger pangs again. :roll: :x :o :? :( I'm not supposed to eat this late, because of gastritis and GERD acting up, so I won't eat now. I just need to deal with it, the best as I can. Once, when I was obese, one Dr. who was a rheumatologist, who was very rude-like, about heavier women losing weight, once said: "When you go to bed hungry, you know that you're losing weight!" Now, I don't know, after all these years later, after no longer having him as a Dr., if I want to hug him, or love him! Because, on one hand, he's right! :roll: :!: :o But on the other hand, he had a very negative way of "motivating" weight loss in me. My primary care Dr. is so kind, his attitude is supportive, and very nice. He told me, when my Thyroid levels out, I'll gain a few pounds. But he didn't bat an eye, I said "OH NO!" :shock: But as BFF said to me, she allows herself a 5 - 10 Lbs. leeway, when it comes to gaining weight and her same sizes of clothes. She and I, both agreed, how a little weight gain is nothing, to finally feeling better and all those bad symptom turn-around, which come with the weight gain. I'll hang in there, until mid-February, and hope I'll get a good report. I think I'll go drink some water, which might help the hunger pangs. :idea: A girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do! :)

RR, I read your post in PWYC and your Dr. is super nice and motivating! :P That's great.

Oops. :oops: I forgot. My exercise for today, were 15 minutes of stretches, for the calves/ankles, twice, and the shoulder-back stretches in the doorway, from shoulder PT exercises. I did 10 minutes of race-walking and then 15-minutes of light to moderate walking, helped put away groceries from Costco, and did light housework for about 45 minutes. It was a "light" day, for activity for me, compared to yesterday. Oh, I just remembered, how last night, I posted I'd try to do yoga today, but I didn't. I DID do those stretches though. So that's good. :mrgreen:
TTFN. :)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:32 am

Still trying to get THM eating meals figured out. I don't have much time to think and analyze carb/fat and decided what goes with what. I am doing the best I can but in reality am probably only doing about 25% on plan. I am using a wall pocket chart to hold the 3 main categories of THM food. Each food category has its own color card (pink = low carb/high fat, etc) I am adding color coded cards each day to the pocket chart with recipes & nutritional data. I need the visual aspect to help me learn what category the recipes go into. Although I am not on plan and haven't got this system set up, I really do like eating this way well enough to put up with the steep learning curve. If I was only planning & cooking for myself I think it would be a breeze, but I am incorporating it into our family meal plans. It is a family change, not just me.

Yesterday I made on plan fruit/protein shakes for breakfast (heavy on the strawberries). DGD3 took a taste and said "I don't like that". She is typically not a picky eater. Hum.....back to the ingredient search for the right combination.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:32 am

Happy to report I am one lb away from my lowest weight. Also one lb away from winning my diet bet. I have two weeks remaining in the game and a Super Bowl party right before.

My big physical event is two weeks away. Hope the weather is good because we go rain or shine, cold or hot. I've had fun working with this group.... They are different from my fitness ones.

Bought two new cookbooks that are great. Recipes are low carb, sugar and flour free. It follows the Atkins diet, but have many recipes I can use on my plan. The fellow who developed them lost over 100 lbs and kept it off for over 15 years. Each of his family members have lost more than 50 lbs as well, with two of his kids being teens and pre-teen at the time

I bought two of them... The complete low-carb cookbook and still livin' low-carbs by George Stella. Every thing is simple to make and great to eat.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:58 pm

short walk done.

Return to “Healthy Habits”