Health and Fitness, February, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
FelineFriend

Re: Health and Fitness, February, 2015

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:56 pm

:mrgreen: I've earned my Bronze Medal at The President's Challenge site. I just put in my order for a Bronze Medal on a ribbon. I plan to hang it in my small office, for encouragement. Next, :idea: my exercise, up to this date, will go towards my Silver Medal. :mrgreen: After that, I plan on earning my Gold Medal and then my Platinum Medal. After that, I'll earn medals, for fitness, but might order pins, patches or certificates in place of the medals on ribbons. This is motivating, for me, because I log exercise/activity daily, and it's on my page there. It makes moving more fun.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Back from my walk in the sunshine feeling great now!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:35 pm

I'm a bit discouraged, about my activity today. :? :( :o I've got a sore left ankle, I'm icing/elevating it, but need to exercise, too. I might just do on and off housework today, for my exercise, since it's also counted as activity at The President's Challenge. :idea: I can do stretches, too. I'll put 10 - 15 minutes on my timer, to work in spurts of housework, until I get 1 hour or more. I'm wearing my pedometer, too. :)

I received a very motivating and congratulatory email, from The President's Challenge. :mrgreen: I saved it into my "Health" folder, to re-read, when I need encouragement again. :)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Did a short walk pushing the stroller & so toddlerN could be outside for a bit and saw some robins. :mrgreen:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:08 pm

That's cool that you got a congratulatory email, FFriend. Good job.

Love the Yes You Can T-Tapp DVD as well. Lots of wisdom. She does a good job of being inclusive, warm and inspiring, even though she looks so remarkably fit you just shake your head!

I've also been studying a bit at T-Tapp and deciding on next workouts. I mentioned to HRH that ever since he let his friend borrow the DVD player we had in our bedroom, I have not done as much exercising. :( I had thought the fellow would keep it for a week or so but it has been a long time! I checked and even though I didn't mention here when he borrowed it, I did mention on January 12 that I was doing without it! That's more than 5 weeks ago!

Yes, I can exercise in the LR, but obviously that's not ideal. In winter especially there is an additional difference between hardwood and carpeted flooring. In the carpeted bedroom, there is a higher comfort level and more freedom to wear comfortable clothing even if I look like a bum, because no one could see, even by the oddest accident.

HRH promised to put the cheap DVD player from upstairs into our bedroom right away.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Thanks, Harriet . :D

I walked 6 ten-minute increments of walking today to = 1 hour. It breaks it up, throughout the day, I sleep much better, and it feels good to break it up, too. At least this way, it gets done. :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:24 am

Rain today here so indoor exercise it is. Maybe on ex. Bike.
Did a med. Walk today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:02 pm

HRH was quick to follow-through and put the no-frills DVD player into the bedroom. I've already worked out in there once now. Very glad we got that done. It was as if I was just putting up with this, like I had no choice :roll: not admitting how much of an inconvenience it had become to switch DVD workout spaces. Sometimes the LR was fun, for instance if dd would work out with me, but usually I was thinking of it as temporary and I was putting up with it. (on and on) Time to get it right again.

FFriend's mention of a talk by Teresa Tapp got me thinking about several youtube talks and demonstrations by dear down-to-earth T-Tapp trainers that I had promised myself I'd get around to watching. I took some time and studied some of those today. Very inspiring and some helpful tips. Ribs-up tips, and also the upper arms.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:40 pm

51* and sunny when I took my walk and did some yard work today.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:56 pm

I did my gazelle time this morning in front of the TV watching a new series, while I did that made it more enjoyable. Checking on laundry while I was downstairs.

Return to “Healthy Habits”