Health and Fitness, March, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, March, 2015

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Went to my fitness class this morning at 7:30. Didn't want to go, but I ate a handful of french fries and battered fish last night promising myself I would work them off this morning.

Sat workouts usually take place outside...most of the time we train at a HS track. Ran 3/4 of a mile a 1/4 mile at a time...I'm beginning to love running...did 15 min of warm ups and went up and down the statuim stairs 10 times...up and back is considered a count of one. I'm fine going up, but really have to concentrate going down by placing one foot on a step and then using my other foot for the next one.

Did lots of walking lunges and planks plus a few other goodies thrown in for fun.

You know me...open mouth, committ and then think about it later on..with like "what are you crazy girl?" The for real trainer of the Extreme Weight Loss show is training a group tue and thur mornings from 7-8 for the next month before he heads back to Colorado. My friend who has lost 88 lbs and just made One-der-land this week is working out with him. Said the workouts are killer, but he is great to work with with kind words of encouragement that push you past what you think you can achieve. I figured this is a great way to start my 65th year. LOL Some of the former and present constestants are in the group as well as several girls that I trained with for the Spartan event.

The next Spartan event is coming up in April. Its 4 miles longer than what I did with several more obsticals. I wanted to do it, but it is being held in Las Vegas and I am afraid of the heat. My body shuts down when I try to do physical stuff if the temps get much over 80. Since this is a team event again, I don't want to be the cause of slowing everyone down.

I wasn't tired after the last Spartan and don't doubt I can complete the course and the team is disappointed that I won't be there to join them...nice that they want me considering as I am 20 years older than most who are competing. However there will be more races in the coming months and told them I would go if the temps looked good. I don't need to develop a killer headache half way through the race....that wouldn't be fun BOO HOO. :lol:

Pull out my spring "some day" box of clothes and everything either fits or is too big ..Yippie :D Though my weight is the same my body is really changing. Need to do some measuring. Except for a few pairs of shoes there is nothing I need to by to get through the summer. Its been many many years since that has happened...and its great thinking about all the money I just saved. Course I have spent "that" money on my fitness group, but that seems to be a way better investment :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:09 pm

WTG Rr!

Gardening is the exercise of the day for me.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:27 pm

Yay for the "free" clothes you worked your way into, RR. Your fitness group sounds really fun and the Tuesday/Thursday group should be a great experience as well.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Nancy, I wish you'd come over and work in my yard next. If I had you here, I might get something done. :roll:

Ramblin', you are a good example, especially since I'm an optimist and can only see myself feeling well in future. Your experiences will help me match up my assumptions about my future self with real expectations!

RunKitty, I bought a 20 ounce Aladdin mason pint for my husband online and it arrived today - he likes to take one to his home office and not come out for a long time, and has complained that the 16 ounce is a little small. He puts his water down onto almost anything in there, like papers, etc. So this is best for him - no sweating. He says he also likes that since it's larger he can tell his from mine and dd's. We're definitely headed into thirst weather here.

Finishing up my second zero-sugar day, so I thought I ought to post about it. I've had the same menu both days so I will have to switch up, since I won't have red meat again this week. My whole foods shake for breakfast, scrambled egg with bacon and shredded cheese for lunch, beef and veggies for supper. All my water and supplements.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:35 pm

Thanks Harriet. Dug out the daff. Gave em to the neighbors, daffs are not good for hens. They were deligthted to get them plus :idea: I can still see them. :mrgreen: That and a 1 mi. Walk counts for my exercise today.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:26 am

Cut back one unit on the insulin dose bc of all the exercise and activity yesterday today bs is way up :roll: so added the unit back in to my meds regimen this a.m. 69* for a hi temp. will be great for a walk.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:22 am

Harriet, glad you found a water bottle that works so well for HRH.
How do you feel after the no sugar days? Are any cravings gone? That's what should happen after the first two weeks of the South Beach Diet. You eat mostly lean protein and vegetables. No grains or fruit. Cravings for sugar go away and then you add grains and fruits slowly. I know that South Beach is kind of old school, but I still use many of the principles. :)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Back from my walk pushing the stroller with toddlerN in it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Have felt good and optimistic, RunKitty. I thought it would be all right to have a salad out with my cousins for lunch today. I got salmon over it. But when it arrived, I was disappointed to see there was so much fruit - mangos and strawberries, a little pineapple. (I'm sure Lynlee will have something to say about this.) Maybe it was just too much sweetness, I don't know. But I don't feel as well today as I did the past few days when I was stricter. Of course, I will admit that the hazy sunshine was doing a number on my eyes today while driving so much, so maybe I'm reacting to that. It is "sinus" and "migraine" weather according to accuweather.

Also I ate some quinoa without thinking that I bet I would have done better without any grain at all.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:16 pm

No worries, Harriet. You can get right back on track. Hope you can relax and enjoy your very busy weekend. :)

Return to “Healthy Habits”