Health and Fitness, April 2015

Share healthy living habits.
lucylee

Re: Health and Fitness, April 2015

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Oh, phooey, Kitty... I was really wanting to give the pizza and ice cream diet a try... * sigh * :roll: :cry:

The stomach virus diet got me down to 161, actually, but I'm leveling off again now. The absolutely-no-exercise (b/c I felt so bad) for a week was not a good idea, either. I certainly hope I can get back into some sort of routine this week.
Tomorrow is another day.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:50 pm

You should try it, but for just a day or so, Lucylee. I got down to my lowest weight since having my children after a bout with the flu last year. That loss didn't last too long though. With lots of exercise I'm within eight pounds of that low. Summer, fresh lettuce and berries should help, not to mention, drinking more water. :D

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:22 am

Hoping to start running again tomorrow and on my other days off work (which have been few and far between lately.) I get plenty of exercise at work, but I still really miss running. Several years ago I had a four-year streak of running every day. Loved that. <3

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:39 am

Made my yearly doctor appointments.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:09 pm

I am back from a walk. Did some path building work moved rocks too for other exercise this morning. More walking later in the day & evening.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Yes!! Got back to running today. Saw three of my favorite dog friends on my usual loop run. What a great way to start a day off!

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:21 am

Ran again today.
WTG, Blessedw2, on making the appointments.
Well done, as always, Nancy. You get your exercise in lots of different and practical ways.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:56 am

Walk done yesterday in segments.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:19 pm

I also had a dr's appt. We're getting a lot of that done -good for us!

Mine to meet new dr in the hormone practice who is located closer to my home. My prescription is slightly tweaked, but not much. I enjoyed hearing her extol the virtues of Vit D to me (smile) and reassured her that I had heard of it, yes. She is excited about new studies on multiple sclerosis prevention with Vit D. All in all, I found her very attentive and well-informed, easy to talk to, and I'm grateful since going to her office will be easier for me travel-wise.

She ran in her 9th consecutive Boston Marathon the other day. To say that she is slim is an understatement. There is no bone that is in any way a secret. Not the body type to which I would aspire, but it certainly works for her. Her children are grown, but beyond that I could only guess that she's somewhat younger than me.

For me, and other women like me who are into menopause and fighting the waistline fight, possibly with a compromised thyroid, she is all about reclaiming energy. She is very passionate about B-12, for instance (I am under strict orders to find ways to remember it daily), and of course monitoring the blood work, eating nutritious foods, managing sleep, staying hydrated. She says boosting energy gets to the root of the waistline issues, so she doesn't ask her patients about their weight, but about their energy.

Got Basic workout in before I left.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Harriet, your doctor sounds wonderful. I have yet to find any doctor around here who talks or cares much about natural things. The most I got out of any of them is the B12. Thank goodness for that, it really makes a difference.

I've added another minute to my eliptical routine. I know it "works" my muscles more than trudging up and down the streets around here - and it's in the a/c rather than the humidity and heat.

Return to “Healthy Habits”