Health & Fitness May 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health & Fitness May 2015

Postby Nancy » Mon May 18, 2015 10:25 pm

Some in our fam had white bumps on her arms found she had an egg allergy that went away after elimaniting eggs from breakfast.

I did yd work for exercise raked up seeds, pruned roses, and clean up of yard.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 19, 2015 2:04 am

Thanks for the excema tips, Rose, and Nancy, for mentioning the egg allergy.

I have been looking more and more online at this stuff (JP) and I just don't know... there's a lot of negative reports on it, too, not necessarily that it's going to do any harm, just that its miracle benefits are a little over-blown and undocumented. And that it is definitely overpriced.

BUT-- now the big question -- HOW do I tell this girl I just cannot sign up for it without making her mad, or without making her think I just don't care about curing dgs's excema? Good gracious. I wish she would offer some free samples so I could find out that dgs would refuse to eat them, like LO, LadyM. That would certainly solve the problem... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am

Just tell her the truth Lucylee...no use dancing around it. Besides she can handle it. ;-)
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 19, 2015 1:58 pm

lucylee, I'd imagine this is one of those times that claims are not exaggerated for those who almost never eat their fruits and veggies, since those people might honestly get a wonderful boost from starting the JP, and want to tell the world. But those who are already getting quality produce in their diets might not see much difference. So two people with two different opinions could both be right.

Lynlee, I meant to tell you that without your posting it would never have dawned on me that tai chi moves are practiced so carefully. Of course, now that I think about it, it could require going over and over one move so that you would finally fatigue muscles. I think of it as a flowing, changing exercise that doesn't over-stress any area.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Well... ugh... OTOH, I definitely do NOT eat my fruits and vegetables as I should... but I am just thinking that there ARE other, cheaper, products available. I hate these "pyramid scheme" sales things.
ALSO -- now we find out that dgs's gummies are NOT free, b/c he is under age 4. So there's an ADDITIONAL cost, if we wanted to try him on it to see if it helped the excema.
I think I'm going to ask ds what sort of vitamins dgs takes, AND I'm going to check out the supplement aisle at Wmart and CVS.

Dmom said she MIGHT try it, that as my grandfather used to say, "Some things ain't never brought what they are worth." ;) And if this IS the magic potion everyone claims it is, that would be the case here.
BUT, dmom and I also agree, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Dmom said she was going to order online, and not involve herself with our mutual friend until she tried it out to see if she liked it. She said if she was going to be in for the long haul, she'd order from dfriend later.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 19, 2015 3:11 pm

LucyLee - My friend kept asking and txting about JP. It reached a point that it almost felt like she was stalking me. She finally stopped asking about JP when I told her "Thanks for the JP information but we are focusing on other health things right now"
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 19, 2015 3:49 pm

I KNOW what you mean, LadyM! It just never ends... and she keeps saying, "I don't want to push..." She's just sooo sold on the product herself, you know, that she can't help making it her mission in life, I guess, to get everyone in the world on it.

I know I don't eat well, I know that as well as anyone... but I take a multivitamin, calcium, magnesium, and B-12 every day. And I do think the B-12 is beginning to help.

And I'm pretty sure dgs doesn't eat a perfectly balanced diet, either, but I think he takes a multivitamin every day, and like LO -- I am NOT sure he would eat the chewables every day. (Because, the way I understand, there would be several of those. Even if he liked them, he might get tired of them eventually.)

It's just ridiculously high priced. I don't mean to be a tightwad, especially where my health and dgs's health, more importantly, are concerned... but * sheesh * There just has to be something more reasonably priced out there.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Most folks phase out if juicing. Kids here do not like "new" foods pear sauce & pinappapple & mango sause instead of apple sauce got thumbs down. (One dgd is allergic to apples.)

I did yd wk for todays exercise.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue May 19, 2015 11:10 pm

Harriet - it my joint problems the tai chi has irritated. If you just did the set it would be ok (I think) but continual repetition of the one move is a problem for me, and pain has invaded other ordinary actions, like switching on my bedside light. Yesterday I got back to yoga and was unable to do things I used to do, or hold poses. Today I'm stiff, but that muscle record of unused to the effort is so different from the joint complaining. I missed tai chi again today. I think I'll go back to the low key one that included tai chi for arthritus. It was also on this morning. I need to get my bedtimes and rising happening more consistently, and join the school drop off, work starting traffic.

Re the gummis - do read the ingredients. With the goodies there are things others may deem less desirable.

Re young ones meltdowns -
When now dd39 was 3 at nursery kindy, summer started and she started with the tantrums again. Eventually we linked it to flavoured ice blocks and cordial, and when we stopped those, so did the tantrums. That's when artificial colours and flavours became off limits for her as well as me. That was 4 years before I started doing the feingold diet thing. Nowdays some of the additive numbers have clearance to be used.

(I'd taken out the common elements of 3 different diets that were supposed to help me with wacky b. sugar levels, and the onslaught that brings to one's mind.)

If gummies are flavoured with natural fruit essences that ramps the salicylate factor so that may be an issue depending on the persons tolerance.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Just thinking though Lynlee's post, lucylee, do be thoughtful about the ones that may be available at CVS (for those who don't know - a pharmacy with many locations) and WMart. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd think the whole food vitamins they would carry would be limited to one brand - possibly the Alive brand. So also research what you can pick up conveniently at a local vitamin store, where you would have knowledgeable people to talk to and a selection of several brands to hold in your hand and compare against each other. You can read how many capsules are in a serving, etc. Also they would have the liquids, if that appealed to a family member for ease of swallowing.

Return to “Healthy Habits”