Health and Fitness, June, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, June, 2015

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:35 am

Oh LadyM we all have those types of days... What you did with your potatoe chips I tend to do with jelly beans... Don't know why as that is an odd choice of candy but I've been known to buy a bag... There is no such thing as a little one...and eat a handful of two in my car while driving. Usually I have to pull over somewhere and put the remainder of the bag in the trash. Thankfully I don't do it too often.

I hike yesterday early yesterday morning and am down another pound. I am under my first goal and am chasing my next one. No cramps last night but I did drink my vinegar. I'm like you LadyM I have several different one in my pantry.

WTO Kathryn... I like hearing your efforts are showing up on your scale. Looks like you're found your groove and what is working for you. Continued success...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:24 pm

I've been meaning to tell Ramblin' that I watched as much as I could of that Extreme. I didn't see the very beginning. I got to watch up until the proposal. Groom much more handsome at the lower weight with a little facial hair, I thought. I was amazed how much flying they do, and the show budget. When the bride had to fly back home to be near her doctor, that was scary, but obviously the right thing to do. I also glanced at the previous one on computer, about the firefighter.

Cramps - always a pinch of salt was the home remedy through my youth. There's also a valid point to be made for mind over matter during a cramp, since some people can get relief by imagining they are eating some salt. That doesn't actually change any mineral deficiency, but if gives some relief.

Even if you're pretty sure it's a mineral depleted by activity and heat (and that does make sense), it's hard to know which one. Consider buying a rock salt like Himalayan or Redmond, to use for table salt for a while, and that will replenish trace amounts of a variety of minerals and especially those that seem like likely culprits, potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:57 pm

About to dive into two days of out of my control meals. Tomorrow's breakfast and lunch are in my control and lunch is ready to put in the cooler. I also have 2 snacks packed, plus my tea and chocolate. I'll probably pack a breakfast for Tuesday as well so I just have to look for milk. But Tuesday lunch, dinner, and party are out (although dinner I can mitigate a bit by stopping and buying a bag of salad to have with the fish and chips.) I have snacks for Tuesday's car ride as well.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the energy to work out today so I'm behind on my step count tonight (and thus over my calorie count for the day as well.

Off to quickly pack and do my physio exercises. Those got missed yesterday was well.

This has not been a great weekend. Life is getting in the way of the health initiative.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:16 am

Weeding and watering for my exercise 2day.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:21 am

Oh, parties are just hard, LadyM. There are times I feel it would be rude to refuse something outright, even though I don't want the calories. You're probably past that now. I know you'll keep with it because you're not a quitter!!

I probably won't jog today since I'm working, and I have a lot to do before I go in to work to get the first test ready for Th. and to figure out how to get my class ready today. I did jog Sunday and Monday.

I have suddenly found myself a stronger jogger, going faster - without any intentional plans on my part. I just do. . . Last week, I was going about 2.18 miles in 30 minutes. Now, I'm going about 2.30 miles. Sunday, I went about 2.35. Dh runs long once a week, and I might follow his pattern, just a more toned down version. For him, long is about 12 miles. For me, long may be 2.5 or even 2.75 miles. I'll need a day when I can be out on the path for more than 30 minutes.

I haven't weighed myself lately; last WW weigh in had me down only 0.3 lbs. This is going incredibly slowly, but I'm wondering if I am gaining some muscle in the process?

I have had bad leg/foot cramps at night off and on since I was a teen. Sometimes, it's in my calf, but much more often the cramp occurs in my foot, and on rare occasion, my entire leg - thigh, calf, foot. . . . That last sort is very painful. The foot ones do not go away easily. Even after I walk around for 10 minutes and my foot seems fine, the moment I lay down, my foot cramps up again. . . I haven't had cramps recently, though. I'm being conscious about drinking more water. I think I tend to walk around dehydrated. I'm not sure that caused the cramps for me (sounds like that was not the cause for you, RR), but the water seems to be helping. I also no longer get that nauseated feeling toward the end of my jog that I used to get. Anyhow, I'll remember the vinegar cure next time I get cramps at night.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Helia... nice to hear about your running results.

I went to my new fitness class last night, and although it was suppose to be held inside the a/c had not been installed. Its located in an industrial park so enclosed area was huge with a gigantic garage door opening. We did some of the workouts inside, but we had to run too.

Had to run 200 yards, do 20 flutter kicks, rest 90 seconds and repeat...an other 7 times :o Happy to say I was able to accomplish it...I had been running outside at my other fitness class for 6 months so was glad I could do it.

Got up this morning, walked 2 miles and ran/walked the bleachers. I don't have any problems going up the steps, but coming down my depth perception is off so I do the stairs instead. I am suppose to go to my fitness class again tonight but my body is telling me its tired ...truth of the matter is the heat got to me last night and my body needs time to recover. I came home and drank 3 TBPS of apple cider vinegar and didn't have any cramps last night. Figured I would because early yesterday morning I walked the track, did the bleachers and swam 300 meters. No wonder my body is crying... TIME OUT. So I will use my glider while I watch tv tonight instead.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Healthy Habits”