Health and Fitness, June, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, June, 2015

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:09 am

Good for you Kathryn ... Glad you're getting good results for your efforts.

I got in over 12k steps yesterday. My weight is down again today so I know I am on the right track. I am 4.5 lbs from my next goal.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:56 am

I did 10 mi. on the ex bike last night.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 pm

And evening walk got me back under my calorie allotment for the day but there's no room for protein tonight. So we'll see tomorrow what my sleep efficiency is.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Harriet, if you thought my bravery was for writing my weight on the white board...well my board is a little 12" x 14" board mounted inside the door of my desk hutch - and nobody sees it but me!

DD, as a thank you for keeping the kids brought me a bouquet of flowers AND 3 BAGS OF CANDY! Now, I know better. I don't need to look at a chart to know I must completely stay away, preferably not keep any in the house at all. Well, 1 day later I am up 1/2 lb. Where is my self-control? I was doing so good with so many things around here, the cookie canister, the birthday cake we had, the icecream. But candy I just can't have here. And she got my 3 favorites. :twisted:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:41 pm

I did my walk 2day. Did some yd wk 2.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Harmony .... Hold your breath, take all three bags of candy, open and sprinkle HEAVILY with pepper, say a prayer and drop them in your garbage can. The pepper will keep you from going back in the can... Yes I confess I have done that... the heat will melt the chocalate and the ants will finish the rest before you can think twice about it...works like a charm every time.

I wish you strength and courage to follow through and may the forces be with you ... You're gonna need it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:08 pm

PS...
Don't tell anybody and your secret is safe with us ;)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:22 am

Smiling at all this. :)

Next time we want to gift with a favorite candy, maybe we could send a card saying, "_______ candy has been donated in your honor to ________ ". :D (scout troop, food pantry, school event) That way, we would make the gift recipient smile that a favorite was remembered, but she wouldn't have been given her own temptation to fight!

Harmony, yes, I was seeing a white board on display where your family would have been seeing whether you kept up with losses! LOL! Well, I'm still impressed that you are keeping tabs on yourself so well.

Today I experimented with liquid (berry flavor, it said) multi vitamin directly into my smoothie to blend. My intent was to more easily take the whole-food multi (it takes several capsules to equal the liquid dose) but also avoid the acid-y taste/feel of the liquid multi in my tummy when not having it with enough food. FAIL, glorious fail. Never again. Better to have part of the pleasant tasting smoothie, then chug the multi and wash the taste out of my mouth with more good smoothie. Ruining the nice taste of perfectly good food is just not the right option!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:06 am

I am enjoying reading here and learning from each of you.

OH the joy of being gifted with favorite treat. It is a joy to be enjoyed. That someone cared enough about me to take the time to learn my favorite treat and to go buy it especially for me. That act of love is to be treasured. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy just thinking about the honor.

Then I have two choices -

Choice #1 - Immediately enjoy a few of the treats. They get the joy of giving. I get the joy of receiving. Once this experience is over - quietly get ride of the rest of the treats. Dump the contents into a trash can....making sure to mix it with yucky trash so I can't retrieve it.

Choice #2 - Keep (hoard) and eat the rest of treats. However this choice means that warm & fuzzy feeling gets trumped by the feeling of disappointment and despair when I actually eat all of the treats (gluttony).

BTDT. Recently I made choice #2 and I deeply regret it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:32 am

So much of fellowship is tied to food. And expression of love. It makes a new eating plan very difficult to manage.

Today we are going out to an Italian street festival. I'm having gelato but that's it. Lunch and dinner will be at home. This evening we are going out to a solstice party. That will be more difficult since it will be drinking calories. I don't drink alcohol so my hosts are really good about having a non-alcoholic drink just for me. So there's 100 - 150 extra calories (and sugars) to plan on today.

Return to “Healthy Habits”