Health and Fitness, June, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
RunKitty

Re: Health and Fitness, June, 2015

Postby RunKitty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:51 am

WTG, on the weight loss, Kathryn. Happy for you.

RR, those cramps sound terrible!! Hope the potassium helps. I've considered taking it too. We used Lite Salt for years which replaces some sodium with potassium, but I haven't been able to find it for awhile. And my leg cramps started about seven months ago. I thought it was just trying to get used to working full-time again, but I should be in shape for work by now. My worst cramps are in my thigh and they are excruciating. The calf ones aren't as bad for me. Once I jump out of bed and stand and stretch they go away pretty quickly. Yours sound much worse though. Hope you get some relief soon.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Water break! Raked and did more clean up by the chicken run.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:00 am

Another day, another pound. But that really just confirms the pound I thought was gone yesterday. If anything, I'm up a half pound today since yesterday the needle on the scale occasionally read under 180 and today it was steady on 180.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm curious as to how long this can last.

I will say that in the process, I'm reclaiming concave curves in places which is allowing the proper convex ones to show as well. Couldn't see a convex bust when the tummy was convex as well! I still have a tummy but it is shrinking.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Lol Kathryn I know just what you mean.

My friends and I were having that same discussions on our early morning hike. My friend Monica was saying even though she's lost 110 pounds she still has a hard time seeing her success.. And my other friend kirsty who has lost 80lbs was saying the same thing. Monica says when she looks in the mirror all she sees is her stomach. I had been hiking behind her and was thinking to myself how small she looked from the back. When I mentioned this to her she was surprised because she said she never gets a good look at herself that way.

I told her to stop walking and I took a full picture of her from the back. When she saw herself she couldn't believe it. I immediately sent her the picture so she would have it.

KittyRun... I took/drank my apple cider vinager yesterday and it helped. And when my cramps started again early in the evening I drank some more. I find putting a very sma piece of bread in my mouth to absorb the vinager made it easier to swallow. The cramps started up in the middle of the night, but not nearly as bad has they had been, so I got up and repeated the process. The cramps quit and I was able to go right back to sleep. All I can say is YIPPIE :)
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Yay for the concave curves, Kathryn. That's awesome!!

Yippee for the apple cider vinegar, RR. So glad the cramps are better. I got some potassium supplements and started taking them. So far, no cramps, but I generally get them only once or twice and week anyway, so we will see. Can't hurt, right?

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:14 pm

Runkitty...

Always good to have s backup plan when those cramps hit... So glad the potassium is working for you :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:11 pm

I got on the scales think I dropped 5 yea! Now I am at the wt I was last summer. I moved leaves in the coop and run from the neighbors yard. For some ex. And did some shopping.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Curses .., the cramps return :evil:

Off to drink the nasty tasting cure.

Someone tolde that vinager promots weight loss... At this rate I should be shrinking by 20 lbs :)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:20 pm

I drink several tablespoons of vinegar everyday in a drink recipe called "Good Girl Moonshine". Recently I started experimenting with mixing my vinegars. I always keep the mother from Apple Cider Vinegar in my vinegar jar and then start pouring various flavors of vinegar to my mixture. I l-o-v-e the taste of good balsamic vinegar, but want the benefits of Apple Cider. I had several bottles of red & white wine vinegar that wasn't being used so I poured it into the vinegar mixture. I need to visit a health food store and buy more Apple Cider vinegar with the mother, but in the meantime this is how I'm stretching the vinegars I have on hand. LO has started drinking my Good Girl Moonshine but he insist that his drink is called Good Boy Moonshine. ;)

Today has been a healthy eating disaster. I'm going to get on the scales in the morning like usual, but it is NOT going to be a pleasant experience.

Lunch was at Olive Garden - soup & salad. I did resist eating the bread sticks! DGS18 and I split a piece of Raspberry Cheesecake. We have been ordering & sharing this dessert for as long as i can remember (15 years?). I only took 3 bites so hopefully the damage will be minimum and worthy of the bonding with DGS18.

Then came the bag of potato chips I brought home with me from the grocery store. I didn't count the chips I ate, but estimate there was a couple servings. Although I might be fooling myself and it was closer to 3. Ugh. I did manage to stop and dump the chips into trash can so I can't retrieve them and eat the remaining 5 servings!

then came the birthday party. A friend made the cake and was proud of herself. She did put a lot of thought, love & effort into the cake. It seemed wrong somehow to refuse to eat it. I did pass on the pizza, ice cream and punch being served.

Tomorrow is 2 more birthday parties. I hope they bought their cakes and don't have an emotional investment in it. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:23 am

Yesterday I had a million reasons & excuses why I made decisions to eat things that I shouldn't.

Today I'm just frustrated and a tad bit angry that I didn't choose to do what is best for ME. I don't want a repeat of those bad choices.

I'm mentally & emotionally dusting myself off and getting back to the business of taking better care of my physical body.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Healthy Habits”