Health and Fitness, June, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, June, 2015

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:54 am

My morning exercise was a round of moving branches go the front yard. Miex was spading and weeding a pattch i. The back yard it is looking better now yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:45 pm

Kathryn, how does no cake and no ice cream with extra berries instead sound? I have finally decided that the strawberries are really the best part. If I make shortcake, I will have three bites maximum with the berries and that is plenty. The three bites rule works in lots of situations.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:43 pm

and a cup of strawberries is only 52 calories.

I was up all night with sever ankle/foot cramps. Am sitting in the dr office to see my beloved PA.
Will be interesting to see what she has to say.

Mustard, water, vitimens did not help yesterday. Drank 100 Ozs of pure water... Wonder if she'll tell me to take potassium supplements. That's my next guess.

Tired enough I could take a nap, but that is not going to happen .... Way too much running around today. Water bottle and umbrella in hand.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:24 pm

2 of the 3 heart test scheduled for this week are done. I wore the Holter (monitor) yesterday & today. Had Echocardiogram (sonogram of the heart) today. I find test that are live & showing on the screen VERY interesting and fascinating. I watched the screen as they measured and took video & pictures from various angles as the heart moved (beat). There was a student in the room observing the test. After the test was done, they asked if I was okay for her to *practice* on me. I was totally fine with that. So basically I had another Echocardiogram done with the student doing the recording, measuring, etc from various angles.

I continue to test my blood sugar several times daily. My goal is to keep it above 80. If I don't eat every couple of hours, it will drop below 80. It is rare for it to go above 100. I am using MyFitnessPal to record the blood sugar readings.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:10 pm

Given that my friend paid $8 for my serving at the strawberry social, I wanted to give her the pleasure of seeing me enjoy more than a few bites, or more than just berries. That gets back to the social/emotional connection with food.

Anyway, I ate very low carb for the rest of the day (except my breakfast) and did fine on calories. I'm not sure why - I keep going over everything I ate today, trying to remember something I missed, but there isn't anything. So I got away with 50% of my daily calories being spent on the strawberry social.

This is part of the benefit of the higher protein - I simply wasn't hungry at dinner for anything more than the piece of chicken breast (rotisserie, no skin) and salad (no dressing.) I was starving when I had the dessert (at 4:30) because my lunch had been so low cal/carb. I chose the ice cream so its protein would balance some of the carbs since the berries were sugared to make them juicy.

I still have to drink a glass of milk before bed (but included in the numbers above) and am not really hungry for that either. I could skip it and simply take an extra supplement but I'd rather drink the milk.

Tomorrow is another challenge but dinner is in my hands so I'll be able to balance things just fine. My net carbs for the day totaled 46%, close enough to my 45% goal. So I managed to balance things today as well.

Whatever made me feel sick yesterday seems to have passed today. I'm short water for today, though. I thought I'd drink lots at the restaurant but they put too much ice in it so I only had 8 oz. I'll finish the day with 8 x 8oz but that's down from the 12x yesterday and the day before.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Kathryn - Cooking produces sulphur, so that may effect you.
Two years ago after I'd had lots of painkillers with sulphates as preservative I was reacting to foods a lot more. Now I ration eggs to 'sometimes' not regularly.
A lot extra milk may effect you too.
Amount/quantity and time of day taken can be variations that affect people with sensitivities.
Glad to here you are doing better.

LM - The failsafe people swear that for many people with food sensitivities, avoiding those foods cures low blood sugar. http://fedup.com.au/ ... http://foodintolerancepro.com/ is the dietician I used go to, and has the method I use try and track down what food does what.

Here. I am back skipping meals. Need to get back to regular eating. Breakfast would be a good idea, only its lunch time next.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:46 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:Given that my friend paid $8 for my serving at the strawberry social, I wanted to give her the pleasure of seeing me enjoy more than a few bites, or more than just berries. That gets back to the social/emotional connection with food.

Sounds like you made good choices. I can see that $8 for just berries would be kind of sad. Glad the extra protein is working out for you.

RR, I have been dealing with leg cramps lately as well. I have never had them before. Not fun waking up with one!!

Hoping all Lady M's tests turn out perfectly normal.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:01 am

Well KittyRun.... My PA told me yesterday to start taking potassium gluconate along with what I am doing. I am drinking 70+ ozs of water every day and she feels I am flushing out my potassium when I pee. So she told me to start taking this suppliment. I trust her because a few years back when I was feeling punny she figured out why after doing extensive testing.

Last night was a bad one again. My worst cramps occurs in the area where the front part of my leg meets the top of my foot. It is paralyzingly and I can't stretch the area at the time the cramps appear because it hurts so much. Plus once those cramps start to happen the rest of my foot spasms causing each of my toes to go in weird directions. If it didn't hurt so much it would be amusing.

I ended up using my heating pad on my feet. It helped some but even as I write this my feet are still doing their thing.

I read the a TBSP of apple cider vinager is good for cramps... Sweetie on his own researched leg cramps and read the same thing so I just drank some.

I haven't been able to workout with my friends because when I try to do anything physical like germ off the bed and walking to the bathroom, they start cramping again.

I want to give the supplements time to work, but if the cramps still continue, I will contact my trainer in the morning and see what his suggestions are.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:21 am

Today first round of ex. Has been pruning the plum tree small to keep it short.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:37 am

Weight continues to drop. Will keep an eye on this.

In the meantime, since I feel fine now, I'll put my feelings on Tuesday down to actually being ill. Dfs canceled our lunch today because he's got the stomach flu. His parents came down with it a day before he did and he had seen them the day before that, so I'm guessing he's right that he caught it from them. Glad I went over to give him a hug when he was in the neighbourhood a few weeks ago.

Return to “Healthy Habits”