Health and Fitness July, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Twins' Mom

Re: Health and Fitness July, 2015

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:05 pm

I keep thinking tomorrow will be a better day but then I get overwhelmed by other stuff and healthy eating or moving get left undone

This.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Very bad day for eating yesterday and no exercise at all. My dh picked six cups of blackberries so I made a pie. Pie for lunch isn't the best choice. :lol:
I drove down to visit our son and took him out for an early dinner. I made a good choice there: salmon and steamed vegetables. It was still much more than I would usually eat for dinner. On the way home I stopped for pet supplies and got a double ice cream cone at the nearby ice cream place even though I was too full. When I got home I had tea and more pie and a small ice cream bar. :oops:
I expected to have gained at least five pounds, but the scale read exactly the same as yesterday morning. Physically I felt awful though. So much white sugar and white flour, and way too much food in general. I even had a headache. I almost never have headaches. Today I will get back to normal. This was actually a good lesson for me.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:07 pm

The blackberry pie sounds delicious, however!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:24 pm

It is!! :D

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:05 am

Well, that was strange..... I just saw a lower number on the scale this morning. It's the one that appears on my driver's license. :shock:
I wonder if having the occasional ridiculous "cheat" day might somehow increase metabolism? Yesterday wasn't a normal day either, but today definitely will be since I will get lots of exercise at work and will have my regular packed lunch.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:30 am

RunKitty - glad worked out okay. :)

I keep thinking tomorrow will be a better day but then I get overwhelmed by other stuff and healthy eating or moving get left undone

Me too!!

The last couple of days I have been intensely tracking blood sugar readings to see how my eating affects it. Seeing blood sugar ZOOM up 60 points because I ate a cookie was eye opening experience. Instead of considering if I had the calories available to have a cookie, now my mind ponders what food will affect blood sugar.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:25 pm

I pulled some weeds and did some yard work for part of my exercise today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:21 pm

No idea how to track my food for the day. It is 'cheat' day, however so accuracy isn't important, just writing it all down.

I haven't had dinner yet because I'm not hungry.

Edited to add: tracked the day and realized I should probably move at least my daily minimum goal of 7K (I'm at 4K) but then ds called. I've got to learn to pace while on the phone....

Got a bit hungry while talking to him so had a hard boiled egg on a salad with a glass of milk. Not exactly a balanced dinner, nor are my protein/carbs balanced for the day but that's due to the Pepsi at lunch. A fountain drink so I had to guess at the size (there was a ton of ice in it, the glass was easily 20 oz.)

On the treadmill now. Will be over for the day but closer to 500 over than the 1000 over from two weeks ago.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Thanks, Lady M. Have you noticed any benefits from the Collagen Hydrolysate yet? I've been taking it for the past three days.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:22 pm

I have done a walk.

Return to “Healthy Habits”