Health and Fitness, August, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, August, 2015

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:27 am

10 mi. On ex bike done.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:29 pm

This evening I got in the 30 minute torso workout that is "at tempo" and was red-faced afterward so I know it was certainly fast-paced enough. lol. Had thought dd might do it with me but she was overwhelmed with deadlines and such. Not sure I got in enough water today, but too late to do anything about it now.

Today I had my whole-food shake, a Mexican meal with beans and jalapeno pepper, and a treat of figs. So I'm going to say I made 5 veggies/fruits even though it was an unusual day with so much company and social things.

Possibly in the a.m. I'll have time for the short floor stretch workout.

I need to adapt my bedtime again, for yet another early school-bell year. (surprise). Down about that.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:39 pm

Did a walk 2nite. 2 weeks till school starts here.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Nancy, I also have about two weeks to get us ready for the first day of EARLY school. I'm hoping it will help to gradually move our bedtimes back. Also, I'm going to insist dd get out into the sunshine as early as some rays fall around here, to help her "set" her internal clock earlier. They say our eyes registering sunlight have a lot to do with that.

I did get the 20-minute early morning stretch workout done, and it felt good.

Had a time with the DVD player, but HRH unplugged it for me and then plugged it back and suddenly it was working fine. No clue why it hit a glitch - I was so down about it because at first we thought it was really broken. I appreciated him doing that, because we were up already but he wasn't. I guess I was moaning around the house and he figured he might as well get up!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:33 am

Up at 5 got the chickens chores done. Swept the mess up from the storm last nite. Walked yesterday.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:37 am

I had a good day yesterday - ate well, recorded and came in under calorie budget and walked almost 8K steps. I ended at 7800; could have walked around the house to get to 8K but I considered it "good enough."

Now to see if I can put together two in a row!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:29 pm

Yay, Twins'. You can do it again!! :D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Oh I KNOW! :roll: This business of putting together two days in a row is the toughie ! :lol: I felt great Sunday a.m. and was pleased with Saturday healthy habits, then so much surprise company (2 of whom we had never met) and I was stress-eating through Sunday afternoon and evening.

I really believe that all this summer driving/travel has not been good for me. Plus dd is often starved when she leaves work, since she doesn't have a classic "lunch" but a couple breaks, and doesn't pack for those well. Long drives with hunger are a recipe for poor decision making, either along the way or upon arriving home. We both find these times so busy that we are making rushed decisions. So I must admit that I look forward to some normalcy.

Something I want to make a habit - making up a pitcher of water for HRH before leaving the kitchen in the evening, so it will be cold by a.m.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm so sorry your school has remained on the uber-early schedule, Harriet. ((HUGS)) for you and dd16. You're almost done, though!!

Good job, Twins!!

I jogged for 30 minutes this morning and only went 2.13 miles. That's the slowest I've gone in a couple months - but I did it. I think my body is not used to doing this. . . . It was gray and cool when I started, but I was still pretty sweaty by the end.

I braved the scale this morning too. :shock: I weighed myself after eating a banana and a bunch of grapes and it said 148, 0.5 lb. less than when I left for Iceland. I was skeptical enough that I also weighed after my shower, but the scale said the same thing. Hmmm..... Maybe I lost more weight than I thought hiking, etc. in Iceland. I'm quite sure I've gained weight the last 5 or so days. . . .

I've done a better job eating so far todaythan yesterday as my stomach is re-acclimating to time here. I wasn't starving at 10 a.m. as I was yesterday. Still, I only have 12? points left for the day (not including weekly points), so I'll need to watch my portions at dinner. I've just eaten a large amount of carrot sticks, so I'm not even hungry right now.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:39 am

The scale said 146.5 this morning. I haven't seen that number for years and years! I'm skeptical enough that I showed dh. He weighed himself and also felt it was a little low.

Return to “Healthy Habits”