Health and Fitness, October 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2015

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Good job, Twins' Mom.

Ramblin', I chop hard-boiled eggs over a salad sometimes. The variety of textures can be pleasant. I enjoy hard-boiled eggs made into deviled eggs, but the mayo content is not as wise as other choices. Delish, though.

HRH had good blood work news on his B12 and Vitamin D - over 50 ng/ml on his Vitamin D, so dr is happy.

I'm trying a new "slant" on my healthy habits card and turning the 5x7 card vertically to track more habits, just charting fewer days at a time. This should work for thirds of a month, rather than half a month at a time, so won't be so many more cards.

Back to coffee again (I go back and forth on this). Right now with breakfasts, a cup of coffee with enough heavy cream to turn it tan, and just a little stevia.

Exercise for several days this week has been gardening.

Basic workout today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:30 am

Another non-scale victory. The cousins had their pic taken yesterday. As the youngest and the tallest, I knew I'd look good but my turtleneck sweater hugged my curves the right way so I looked quite slim. It was nice to see objective proof that I'm looking better.

Oh, and my cousin commented on how much healthier I looked than last time she saw me (I was still recovering from gall bladder surgery back then.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:07 am

Dropped to 179.6 this morning. I ate well yesterday and was under my calorie allotment, aided by 14K steps along the way.

Logging food is beginning to become more of a habit.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:50 am

Yesterday & Sunday and last week my exerise was painting.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:11 am

Gee, Twins' Mom, you are doing very well. Nice second-digit change there.

Ask for plenty of copies of those pics, Kathryn!

Nancy, I've been with you on a lot of outdoor work lately. I know you are tired, but I bet the house looks great.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:58 am

Finally got the courage to check the scale after the trip. Same as before. Phew!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Harriet thanks!
Feet were hurting but after some popping and crackling seem better it is like something was out of place.

Had an egg a bit ago.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Harriet, I've been doing just regular salt with iodine added. I know I should get that other stuff you use but how does it taste by itself?

Yesterday's dr. told me they bring up people's sodium by getting them a little dehydrated. She asked how much I was drinking. Probably not enough, I said. So, that's not the problem. The problem is the side effect of one of my Rx's. Lowers sodium. I could just see you standing there saying tsk tsk tsk don't do that about limiting fluid. :lol:

Today I bought more pickles and olives. I think eventually I will have to change Rx's. Oh, I'm still in the 150's and if I can't get shed of 20 lbs in 6 months and if cholesterol doesn't come down from that I'll have to go on something. I've never been able to get rid of 20 lbs.

This dr. says she doesn't believe in diets. She probably runs or something, she's a tiny little thing.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:17 pm

Harmony, low sodium can make you feel very fatigued. Has been a continuing issue with my dmom, who avoided salt for years and now doesn't understand why we are pushing it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Harmony, no maybe you shouldn't get my Himalayan kind, if the dr thinks iodine from your salt would be desirable. Iodine is added to salt and isn't in there naturally so mine doesn't have it. Now, we do have iodized salt here and use it sometimes so I don't think we are deprived in any way. But what's in the shaker is the pink Himalayan, and tastes very good. I was just thinking that if you are going to embark on increasing salt, somebody should suggest what's best for you personally.

If you have a reason for being careful about how much water you take in, I guess I would be quiet, even if I was standing there. :) I'll just say I sure am glad this is not July, you know?

Return to “Healthy Habits”