Health and Fitness, November, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Health and Fitness, November, 2015

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Weather's gorgeous out there today. Just went for my second walk (unheard of for me, but I sure hope to make it a habit!). I've done 7,100 steps so far today -far more than any day in recent history. It was cooler this time around and I took a little different trek. Not that it matters cause I'm watching just ahead of me for pot holes and speed bumps (no, my speed isn't that fast but I'm known to trip over those.) And my attire is a hooded sweatshirt, gloves, sunglasses and a baseball cap to keep the sun away from eyes. Probably would wear the sunglasses even if it was overcast because of any brightness.

I too, weigh on a digital scale that goes in increments of .2#. Today it was finally below that 170 mark again. Trying so hard not to snack before I go to the Dr. on Wednesday -well not much after that either.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Got a med. Walk in this evening.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Somehow, I let Halloween knock me completely off program. Weight seems to be down a pound so I'll put that in writing today (been watching it for several days because I don't 'deserve' to be down) and I'll try and recommit as well.

As I mentioned in Cathy's thread in MO, I'm also going to haul out my SAD light. Obviously it is the right time of year for it and I'm battling exhaustion and a cold so it can only help. I need to remind myself that I'm valuable and worth taking care of extremely well. I'm blessed with so much it seems a shame to limit my opportunities due to self-inflicted ill health that causes me to sit around and do nothing.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:03 pm

I did 1 hr. On yd. Wk. Today clearing branches out of the front yd. This a.m. after lunch a walk w/E.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 pm

45 min. Yd. Work clean up and some walking w/E. Counts for some exercise this morning. It is raining here 37* br-r yard is shaping up.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:20 pm

Because I went out to the healthy grocery this a.m., I've had a remarkably good eating day. I went somewhat hungry so that I could make up a plate of their nicest lunch-type offerings at the hot buffet as I was leaving. Roast, green beans, sweet potato. Had that for my brunch at home for first meal. Stayed very satisfied all day and at 7:00 had supper of breakfast, a veggie omelet, since dd and HRH were doing their own things tonight. I did have my usual coffee with "breakfast", but had half decaf so my sleep won't be disturbed - not as tasty but not bad, either.

I'll need to remember this is a good strategy for a calm eating day. It was interesting to me that even though I had a carby vegetable with the brunch, the meal didn't cause cravings later.

Also found good quality produce there. They had a special on Ze via soft drinks, and just one of those (black cherry) is as close as I've come today to any "sweetened" thing.

Now to get in a little exercise and I think this will turn out to be a healthy habit-type day!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Doing some yd wk in the a.m. seems to be a good part of my routine, the dog played in thd back yard while I swept and cleaned leaves up off the patio carport, front walkway and driveway. So it seems to helping.

Main power infra-structure is back upmnow so the can work on getting it to homes now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:20 am

Weight is still down this morning. If I remember to weigh myself tomorrow and it is still down (I have two meals out today, including a gourmet luncheon for charity) I will update MFP.

I look fabulous today. This skirt always looked great on me and the top I have with it is a good colour for me too, and not one I normally wear (dark, deep, teal.) I do note that I'm not breathing as deeply as before so may swap out the skirt for pants for the evening. I didn't realize how tight the skirt was around my waist until I sat down at the computer!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Kathryn you sound so happy with yourself and it is such a nice turn around from last year. I'm happy for you as well.

I am really sore this morning from the last few days with my fitness group. I keep telling my trainer I want to get rid of my middle flab and he keeps saying "with time" and the muscles are there. He trains me so much differently than I have had in the past that some time I must admit I doubt him. He's not one to say... Oh in one month you'll loose 20 lbs and have a six pack. And I get frustrated with him some times because I want to work with heaver weights like every one else but he won't let me... His argument is I'm not ready for it.

So last week while lying in bed I started poking around on my stomach and low and behold there really ARE muscles under the flab, like really really hard ones... Yippie!!!

Though my weight has not changed much my body has. When I went home for my nephew's wedding my son kept saying... Mama you're so small and Wow you look so different. I even found him showing pictures that my trainer had posted of me flipping 100 lb tires to all his cousins and friends.... Guess it doesn't get much better than that.

Since I am not working out tomorrow I am going to measure myself. Haven't done that since I started working with Jason, my trainer, and I need a baseline to see just how my body is changing. This whole thing has really been a work in progress. Jason has never trained someone my age so we're both learning as we go....
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:40 am

Decided to log my weight at 166 pounds this morning. I spent 3 days there last week and have returned to there after the travel. This is also my half way point in my weight loss journey.

I've settled into small losses every week or two (this was 2lbs but not because of anything special I did aside from getting the cold and not eating much for one day.) For November, I'm only down 3 pounds. But now the slow and steady is enough to keep me working on the new habits and not feeling discouraged. It helps that I like the reflection in the mirror more and more each week.

From previous weight loss journeys, I've learned that most of us have a problem with perception. We don't see ourselves the way the camera (or a plate glass window) sees us. As we get larger and larger we don't necessarily change our own view of ourselves until the change is undeniable. But the same is true for weight loss, it takes time for us to believe we really are the thinner person. I'm in an in-between spot at the moment, sometimes thinking myself thinner than I am and sometimes being surprised at the weight that still hangs on my body. So the slow weight loss gives me times to adjust mentally to the 'new' physical me.

From the beginning, one of my three Freedom 55 goals was better self-image. While I 'achieved' that in one respect, I'm still working on that goal and probably will for a very long time, if not forever.

Return to “Healthy Habits”