Health and Fitness, November, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Harmony

Re: Health and Fitness, November, 2015

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:23 am

Well I have lost 8 pounds this month so far. I gained 1 back over Thanksgiving, but now I am over having any dessert or breads or rolls, etc. I had made a big huge bowl of salad to have with the big dinner and I really really tried to have little wee portions of things. Found I couldn't even eat 1 muffin. Had just a piece and it made me full. I am uncomfortable if I get too much food in me at once now.

Plan was to eat healthy version of things I'd prepared for everyone. I was going to hold out a few beans without all the sauce, onions, and a few sweet potatoes without the marshmallows, but I didn't have time to do that. All I could manage to do was portion control. Holidays are tough!

I have portions of 4 pies left and I'm trying to figure out what to put them in to put slices in the freezer. That will get them out of sight.

But my clothes are fitting better and I'm into some that were just too tight to wear. I'm very pleased.

Kathryn, you're making such good progress! At the rate you're going you'll surpass me for sure!

I am now 154.

I came back and edited. I'd written 150 instead of 154. I guess it was wishful thinking. Lowest I got dieting a couple years ago was 144. If I'd have only kept it up. I'm doing it differently now, with another goal for healthier lab number so realistically I can't go back to the old way of eating any more. Probably a good thing.
Last edited by Harmony on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:57 pm

Harmony, I won't surpass you until you plan to stop losing weight! At this rate it will be almost Easter before I'm 150 pounds

What's discouraging is that 'not overweight' is 145 for me so I still have 21 pounds to go before I ceased to be overweight. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to trading a 6 for a 5 and then a 5 for a 4 in the middle digit of my weight. And non-scale victories will have to keep me motivated.

I have 152 days until my 1 year anniversary of tracking on MFP. I'd have to lose over 1 pound every 6 days to make my goal. Not likely going to happen but that's ok. As I said earlier today, the slower weight loss gives me a chance to mentally catch up to my physical state.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:26 pm

Did stairs 3 times today at spinning mtg. Somehere as well asgroc. Shopping and a med. Short walk w E. For me ex. Today.

Return to “Healthy Habits”