Health and Fitness, November, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Health and Fitness, November, 2015

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Thanks to the walk to the bus and store, I'll end up the day with 71 calories to spare and having only 1425 calories. But that included a 1 egg omelet with cheese and veggies, 1 slice of bacon, 2 glasses of milk, a lasagna, 3 cups of salad, a Vector protein bar, half-cup of blueberries, large serving of chicken (I left 1.5 ounces uneaten because I was full) a large serving of steamed broccoli and a sweet potato. As well, I had 6 of the Cherry Lovers candies and lots and lots of water plus 1 mug of regular tea and 2 mugs of decaf tea (oh, and 10 grams of dark chocolate.)

Was only a bit hungry at one point in the afternoon because I missed my protein bar at 3:30 (when I usually would have had it with a cup of tea as a pick-me-up) and didn't eat it until 4:45. Dinner was at 6:30.

I covered all the food groups except grains (as I'd expect since I'm doing higher protein, lower carb eating.) There would have been grains in my lasagna noodles and Vector bar. But not the whole grains I usually get with my cereal. The protein bar also has peanuts so that covers the nuts food group. Had more than enough fibre according to MFP (24g.)

I'm slowly accepting that low fat, high carb, eating is not for me. There was no feeling of deprivation today despite what seems like very low calories to me. Normally to keep calories low like that, I'd resort to tons of veggies and a big bowl of popcorn (with spray oil on it.) And even so, I'd feel 'hungry'

At 1400 calories, I'm well under my 'maintaining' calories of 1700 (using calorie intake calculators, assuming office-worker activity level) and well under the 1800 to 2200 I was having before I started in on MFP last spring. At that time, I couldn't see how I could live a 'normal' life without eating that many calories all the time. Now I'm beginning to see that I should be able to keep the calorie count at 1700 per day to maintain when the time comes.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:55 pm

Today I will need alternate exercise toddlerN has a cold.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:23 pm

Today I'm over 1800 calories but that's not as bad as it sounds. I'm still over but the hike earned me 400 extra calories so I'm only over by 142 for the day. Had I passed on the garlic cheese loaf at dinner, I would have been in better shape.

My jeans are definitely getting loose. There's about 1" extra room in them and they are cinched with a belt (which I have to keep switching out for shorter belts.) Pulled out my size 14 jeans today. They are a bit tight and would be too hot for the apartment (they are flannel lined) but they do at least fit. I'll spend the money, though, on a pair of smaller jeans and have the older ones as back-up. I just buy from Wm so it won't be too much money and I need a pair of black jeans for this winter.

The ones that I've grown out of are really nice so I'll miss them. But it is easier to say goodbye when I'm moving down a size!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Great Work Kathryn
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:22 am

Today will be holding my breath day. (Wearing the next size down jeans while my other ones are in the wash!)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:28 am

Yesterday I was able to get in a couple of walks.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:36 am

Had a day of 'sabotage' yesterday. I went up 2# for my non-effort. Even got more steps in than I have but found myself snacking/grazing/nibbling almost all day. So I'm probably fortunate that that is all I put on. Now to work to get those pounds back off. First day I've fallen flat in quite some time. I'm just saying "NO" from the get go today. I am allowing myself my square of chocolate however.

Managed to get almost 4,000 steps in yesterday. I'll aim for 4,500 today if it warms up some out there. It's sunny right now but only barely 40 degrees. Had to turn the furnace on for a little while to warm the 'edges' in here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:06 pm

I have done the full hike in the field today with Ella. Before it rained.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:25 pm

Dee, you know that even snacking all day would not amount to the 7000 extra calories it would take to add two pounds of body fat. The two pounds will be gone in no time and you will remember how unsatisfying all the snacking really was. :)

Hiking with dogs is the best, Nancy.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:46 pm

I did another walk on the loop in the rain this morning w Ella.

Return to “Healthy Habits”