Health and Fitness, December 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2015

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:16 pm

Today is the first day in ages I've stayed on my eating program all day. Of course, all the baked goods are out of the house so that's a big help. But starting the day with a higher protein breakfast is a bit help as well.

I also moved a lot today, choosing to walk dd to the bus to get some steps in and then doing a fair bit of walking to run two errands instead of waiting until tomorrow when I could use the car. It cost $3 in bus fare but meant I also easily made my step count for the day (and extra stairs as well.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:54 am

I'm ready!

I had planned to start on Dec 27th but I woke up this morning and I just knew it was time.

Time to put me first
Time to maintain my focus on health.
Time to let go of understanding complicated eating plans that are distracting me from getting started.
Time to log every BLT (Bite lick & taste). Tracking in MyFitnessPal app
Time to exercise an hour or 10,000 steps daily. Tracking in Fitbit app
Time to sleep enough (7+ hours average). Tracking it in FitBit app
Time to remain hydrated. Tracking my types of drinks & oz's using Water Drink reminder app

My focus has arrived. I am grabbing hold of it and hanging on for dear life.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:23 pm

LadyM ...good for you. Sounds like your new retirement way of life has kicked in.

I went to my cross fit at 5:00am but am feeling really lousy. Don't know it it's the sinus thing or something else. I dozed off and on all morning, that unheard of for me, and spent the rest of the day watching tv on my bed. My chest feels like it's on fire so I'm wondering if I picked up a bug.

Dinner is from last night so I just need to reheat it for Sweetie. I ate some oatmeal earlier and I think that will be it for me.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:53 pm

RRose, I hope this passes quickly.

Good luck, LadyM. We're rooting for you!

I am down a couple pounds this month. Should be more but DH keeps bringing stuff in and I can't look at this stuff without eating stuff. If it's out of sight I have a slight chance but out where he leave it, no way.

I can eat low calorie without too many problems. But paring that with the cholesterol thing is really tough. I usually have enough calories left that I could eat a cookie or something sweet or tiny bit of ice cream, but I can't do that with the cholesterol thing. And then there's the sodium thing. I can tell my Rx is messing with my system, I can almost "feel" it. You know how you get that "bingey" feeling for just wanting something.... well I get that way about something salty. This week till I went shopping I didn't have much in the house that was high sodium that I could eat and I was really feeling addicted and panicky. I can only eat so many pickles. And I can't eat chips, cheese (I miss that more than anything) etc.

So, I just do the best I can with all this. And I realize it's never going to be easy and I am stuck with this for the rest of my life if I want to keep my weight and my cholesterol down and my sodium up. I am pleased to see that I am making some changes in the way I "taste" some things and enjoying foods without added sauces, etc. I am loving my salads with just a couple drops of olive oil and a squeeze of key lime. I thought I'd never say that. So there are some successes, I just know I have to keep on keeping on and do enough of the right things to make a difference.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:16 am

(((RRose))) I hope you feel better soon.

I have to keep on keeping on and do enough of the right things to make a difference.

OH So true!

Yesterday I did so many things *wrong* but I still managed to stay focused on my basic goals. I was over a few calories and was 30 minutes short of sleeping enough but otherwise am pleased with my efforts. The scale dropped 1.5 lbs this morning. I know to not watch the daily weight but I can't deny a little YES escaped and it was helpful in my beginning efforts. I am in it for the long haul.

Yesterday overall = 100% success
Sleeping 93%
Calories 96%
Steps 101%
Hydration 110%
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:16 am

Got on the gazelle did 30 min. On it last nite it did not bother my knee yea!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:32 am

Another day of messing up numerous times, but not giving up and keep trying.

Overall = 105% success
Sleeping 101%
Calories 78%
Steps 86%
Hydration 156%

Yesterday I had over 300 lbs of candy in my hands. Most of the candies I didn't care for but the dark chocolate peanut clusters was a challenge to leave alone. I did decide to eat ONE PORTION of them and I enjoyed every single bite.

Between the candy and homemade pizza my calories was over my goal. And my steps were lower than I thought they would be. I worked in the yard raking & bagging over 100 gallons of leaves. My three layers of clothing was sweaty with my effort. AND I walked without stopping for over 4 hours putting the candy/nut/fruit bags together. I can only guess my step count was low because the fitbit didn't pick up that type of movement. I was doing a start/stop type of movement instead of a smoother type of walking.

ANYway because I drank more than my goal it raised my overall success to 105% and resulted in a small weight loss this morning on the scales.

Day 2 is an overall success even with its many challenges and failures.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:32 am

Day 3 is in the books. Multiple failures but consistent effort resulted in overall success.

Overall - 107% success
Sleeping 114%
Calories 89%
Steps 73%
Hydration 150%
Scales show - 1.25% of goal weight lost yesterday

NSV (Non Scale Victories) -
** We went to theater to watch Star Wars and I managed to dodge the typical popcorn & candy.
** Breakfast is so easy now. I enjoy our 18 menus that are easy to rotate through and prepare. Portions & nutrition are documented so I know how much of each item to prepare.
** I am sleeping more with the alarms turned off for Christmas Break.

Things to work on -
** We ate at all-you-can-eat buffet place. I ate 820 calories in that one meal! However, I filled my plate with 3 vegetables and protein so it was less calories than I normally eat there. Everything they have is cooked in butter and highly seasoned. One minute on the lips...one hour in the stomach.....a lifetime on the hips.
** Step count is low. Too many hours sitting in movie and vehicle. I need to move more!
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:40 am

Dog walking is my new fav. Fun way to exercise.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:21 am

Yesterday blunders proved to be too much for the scales to continue downward. The entire day was back-to-back activities but my step count was half of goal. I did my best effort in making best of the eating choices I had. I don't know how to do better during days like this.

Lunch was at fast food place that has a playground for Little Ones. I looked at the nutrition chart hanging on the wall before making my lunch choice. I quickly chose the lowest calories with the highest protein menu item I saw.

Dinner was at DMom's home. She prepared a high carb soup with very little protein.

Just keep on keeping on doing the best I can.

Overall success = 98%
Sleeping 114%
Calories 88%
Steps 55%
Hydration 135%

Day 4 ended with a weight gain so now weight loss is at 3% of goal.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Healthy Habits”