Health and Fitness January, 2016

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness January, 2016

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:00 am

When you tune in to it, your body can tell you much of what you need to know in order to be healthy. Even though it isn't perfect, it holds great wisdom. And it needs you. The time to embrace it and care for it isn't around the corner or when you've reached a certain goal - it's today. - Ruth Wolever, Ph.D., Duke Integrative Medicine

We are indeed much more than what we eat,
but what we eat can nevertheless help us
to become much more than what we are. - Adelle Davis

What are your plans for your well-being in 2016? Have you met goals you want to tell about? Do you have resolutions, and hope to find accountability? :) Come post, challenge and encourage with us.

Harmony

Re: Health and Fitness January, 2016

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Going to keep on with what I'm doing. Changed out my page of mark-offs; have found that is working well. I carried out my weight loss to the end of the year and I should be right on target by then. I was very conservative when I figured so I think it's doable. Once I get there I'll just need to keep it up forever, but I have a plan for that. Just like I did Christmas, a little treat is ok, just don't totally backslide and give up. Halfway through there will be lab tests, so I'll know if this is working for anything besides weight loss. Crossing my fingers, as I know that will be a major disappointment if its not.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:56 pm

We have way too much food left over from the party last night - I'm having a sliver of the dessert now because I never tried it last night.

Dd and I went for a long walk w dneighbor and ddogs - logged almost 9K steps and 27 floors - this morning.

We're heading out for a New Years Day party with chili, beer and football as the attractions this afternoon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:40 pm

I did 30 min. in the gazelle.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:22 pm

Harmony, let the test numbers catch up with you when they will. You are already off on your mission. Even if they can't all manage to get around to agreeing at the same time, you'll know you are doing what you have decided is right for you.

I made up a 2016 Healthy Habits 3-ring binder today. Chose a teal one, since that's a fav color for me and it will look "like" me when I glance it among others. Into page protectors went my order of daily habits, revised (will always be the first page) ; the original of the weekly record for meals/water/exercise/supplements; and T-Tapp's page of instructions for measuring (those two just protected at the back).

With hole reinforcements, 12 months worth of single-page calendars (thanks HRH for already making those - I just reprinted his). I'll use mine for recording which exercise I did.

NOT there will be any previous records. Too distracting.

I'm not going to make more copies of the weekly record until I read further in dd's Mindful Diet book and see if they recommend that much record-keeping.

Gee, I didn't admit.. ... I mean, say.. ... how I felt about 2015. Umm... ... I'm very pleased with my oldest dd's improved fitness. ( :lol: ) No, no, wait.. ... it's about me, right? Okay.

First 10 months of the year were good, but on the way through the last two months, my healthy habits were very difficult to keep up. I am beginning to think my dfirstmil was right all those years when she did all her Christmas preparations in August.

I have needed an eye appt for a while - it's not really optional. But I never seem to have time to get around to it. I keep putting everyone else ahead. Must become priority.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:35 pm

Did 30 on the gazelle and groc. Store run is done.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:01 pm

Will start tomorrow.

Goal for the year, another 26 pound loss. Although saying I've lost 26 pounds already may not be accurate since I haven't weighed myself in the past week or so. On the other hand, my jeans still fit.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:30 pm

I weighed in this morning. Am up four pounds in total over the season. Will tackle those and then the next 26 pounds.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:56 pm

I did 30 min. On the gazelle.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:46 am

Gearing myself back up today. Going to utilize healthy tools and believe in successful outcome.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Healthy Habits”