Health and Fitness January, 2016

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness January, 2016

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Did 30 min. On the gazelle first thing on Sunday and Mon. & Tues.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:53 pm

Decided to try some Zumba tonight, which I haven't done in a long while, and was pleased to see a couple new videos on youtube that I hadn't seen before. Just switching up a little.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:39 am

I am floundering and being a non-starter. Well, that's not true. I am a great starter, but am failing on maintaining that start.

I need accountability. I have thought of doing several options - diet bet, weight watchers, TOPS, joining other forums, etc. But decided the decisions and actions rest entirely on ME. I have the knowledge of what to do. I just need to do it AND keep doing it minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day, week after week. etc.

So, here I am starting AGAIN.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:23 am

would doing another go at tiny habits introducing ?? help LM?

I'm trying the drink a glass of water after every time I go to the toilet as one of my new habits.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:24 am

I am floundering and being a non-starter.

This.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Changed it up a bit today with some warmer temps. Ground thawed so in the rain I got out side and dug out 2 sm. Fruit trees that were not doing well. Filled in a hole the dog dug and picked up sticks in the back yard. For my exercise this morning.

Walked ddog after lunch on the loop & around the block.

P. M. ex. = 30 min on the gazelle.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:01 pm

I am slowly working my way back down from the five pound gain I achieved during the holidays. I actually hit and then crossed the "you shall not cross" weight line. Ugh. Fortunately co-workers and clients have stopped bringing treats so it is easier to get back to normal eating.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:48 am

Harriet wrote:Decided to try some Zumba tonight, which I haven't done in a long while, and was pleased to see a couple new videos on youtube that I hadn't seen before. Just switching up a little.

Harriet, have you seen the ad where the guy is fighting for his life with helicopter overhead and guys jumping around him and his Mom calls... "If you're a Mom you call at the wrong time, it's what you do...Mom says it's noisy are you taking a Zumba class?"

I'm going to think of you every time I see that (Gei co) ad!

LadyM, just means your mental attention is going to other things and not yourself and your diet. I get in that mode too...

I haven't been able to exercise, can't even go for a walk. Every time I'm out in the cool air, seems to stir bad things up in my sinuses. But at least I've gotten to where I am moving around a bit more. Thought I was doing very well being so inactive and maintaining. I have at least figured out something...it's very hard and uncomfortable for me to not eat in the evening. But there are times during the morning / day that I don't have to eat and can wait. So I've given myself permission to eat a bit in the evening and skip whatever meal I don't feel I really want/need during the day. Much easier to manage.

I am within a pound of NOT being in the 150's any more.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:08 pm

Today I did 20 min. On ex. Bike working back into it after knee issues. Did a bit of a walk with ddog & totN (not in the stroller). Lovely 48* weather here today. Borrowed hubby's knee brace did 30 min. on the gazelle with it on. :twisted:
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Okay, NO
I had not seen this but it is hysterical.

You know, I think it may have played when I was around, but I've assumed it was all about the action movie stuff, and tuned it out.

LOL. LadyM was just posting about her mom and dmil calling when she's in the middle of so much.

Return to “Healthy Habits”