Health and Fitness, April 2016

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness, April 2016

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:28 am

RunKitty, are you getting in many runs lately?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:54 am

Weight down this morning to the lowest weight I had in January of this year, and then have to look back to this time last year when I was at a lower number. I walked 7500 steps this morning w dneighbor and ddogs and got in an arm workout with Chief's shenanigans. Glad we are doing the training class.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Well I made it back... Been down with a virus that settled in my ears which made me miserable and very dizzy. Haven't been to my class since last wed. Too dizzy to bend over or even drive at times.

However yesterday I worked out with my gf on the treadmill. Between that and my glider I got in almost 15k steps. Got up this s morning and did the treadmill with her again and hope to get in another 15k before the day is over. Will start back with my regular class in the morning. I see weary muscles in my future.

Stayed on my eating plan and though I didn't get in many steps from Thur-Tue I am down another pound. That makes 8 since April 3. Am 2lbs away from my next goal and I would love to loose and additional 5 by my birthday. That's the goal I've set anyway. We shall see. I'm gonna stay focused and go for it.

Need to get my water in for the day... I'm behind. But went with Sweetie for a drive in n the car early so I didn't want to fill up with water. The car really jiggles me and too much water in my body makes me really uncomfortable.

Off to grab some almonds... and of course another bottle of water :)
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:40 pm

Walked w ddog after the rains Wed. & Thurs. shorter walks & shopping was my exercise today. Plus up and down stairs doing laundry & warping my loom downstairs.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:41 am

I got in 14178 steps in yesterday. Also stayed on my eating plan. Also drank 80ozs + water.

I am not getting on the scale each day as I find it is not always motivating for me. Try to do it every 2-3 days which seems to work. I have 2 weeks + 2 days to see how close I can get to my goal. Already have won my two diet bets, just have to wait till the games end to see how much I have won. Will sign up for some more games once these are finished.

I am still 9 pounds over my lowest weight 1.5 years ago. I knew that my migraine meds might do this to me when I started taking them, but I don't as willing to accept the weight to help keep the headaches at bay.

However I'm not sure how much benefit I got from taking them and now that my dr is willing to give me steroid shots when I get into a cycle I see no real reason to keep taking the meds. Time will tell but until then I am Willis not to push forward with this plan.

Nancy I love my gazelle... I believe I must have travelled at least 2500 miles since I first bought it 12 years ago.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:45 am

I did not like my scale this morning. It shows I'm up almost 2 lbs. I had over 12k steps yesterday, got all my water in but added cheese to my meal. That plus the meds I'm taking must have something to do with it. Also ate a wasa cracker on day and a piece of low carb/calorie bread. One on Wed and one yesterday. Bummer.

Will not make those choices again and see how it effects the scale.

Made it to my class today. It was good to get back.

I have a luncheon and a dinner date tonight. I can eat out and still stay on plan so I get to enjoy friends without worrying abt the scale. Win/win for me :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:30 pm

Did a short walk with the dog just after lunch.
Mowing is done I did both the front and the back after 3 p.m.
After dinner Did a medium walk with a friend.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Continuing to tweak six small, one-person meals with unique nutritious foods, plus have added a kale/romaine smoothie to try.

Lowering the amount of banana keeps an "Eat Your Greens" smoothie from being too sweet.
Raw onions with kimchi or sauerkraut over hot beans makes a pretty bowl.
Mushrooms saute'd first for just one-egg omelets now. Add raw onions, sometimes peppers.
No longer limiting the berries in my flaxseed muffin - better nutrition, love the taste.
Adding small peas to my big salad - White Acre Peas or small green peas are pretty in there.
Whole foods shake from Hyman is so good I hate to tweak it - well I add a brazil nut now.
Zoodles can include a little carrot with the zucchini, but hard to spiral. (Pesto, parmesan)

I try to rotate these rather than having the same meal too often. Every other day or every third day is good.

Watched a video on making roll-ups of thin sliced eggplant that looks good. Very pretty roasted meal for a whole family. Problem is, it's a gourmet recipe with a lot of ingredients, many servings. I do better with just a few ingredients, especially since I'm cooking for one a lot of the time. So far, just including packaged frozen eggplant cutlets on a plate for me - good with zoodles and pesto.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:42 am

I've been using a spreadsheet to track consecutive days walking (#58 today) but wanted to track different things also. Instead of modifying the spreadsheet I started using android app called Rewire.

I am having some success (and some failure) at other healthy habits but am enjoying the challenge against myself.

My current streaks are -
Sleeping 7 hours = 3 consecutive days
Weigh less than 7 days ago = 8 consecutive days
10k steps a day = 7 consecutive days
Log all food and stay under calorie goal = 5 consecutive days

I track my daily liquids in a different app. I've been using this app for quite a while & like everything about it so am going to stay with what is working.......until it doesn't.

I have been switching between 3 food log apps and doing better with logging everything. Each app has its strengths and I like the variety. My current favorite is "Lose it".
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:52 am

Lady M, I love how you are using spreadsheets to track your "healthy habits." You are an inspiration!

I only got in 7500 steps yesterday, still more than usual for a Saturday, tho. Weight up a little - had a delicious burger and tater tots for the late lunch yesterday!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Healthy Habits”