Health and Fitness, April 2016

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, April 2016

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:31 am

Welcome!

We are at the quarter-mark of 2016, believe it or not!

Did you have goals and plans you wanted to revisit? Calendar event goals you will meet?

What are your hopes for the rest of the year? How are you going to greet 2017?

In this thread we chat about keeping ourselves strong and capable as we pursue our calling as homemakers. Our family members may need to lean on us, and we may need to lean on them. Proactive medical answers, sensible consumption of healthy food and water, getting enough rest, and getting enough activity, too - these are all part of our plans! Helping each member of our households work in all their healthy habits is priceless!

Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, April 2016

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Back to tracking everything again here.... Been doing it right on paper for a while.

Steps today12319... Yesterday I didn't feel well but the day before I was over 13k. I'm doing it two diet bets this month to help stay motivated.

Drank 80+ oz of water today and the same for Sat. I must of had some sort of bug yesterday. Up much of Sat with a nasty hurtful stomach and early morning fever of 101.3. Developed a nasty fever headache all over my head where it just hurt to move. Slept on and off all day.

Took some of my "headache" meds but they didn't help much. Finally early this morning I loaded up on meds to try and kill it. Must have worked caus I work up feeling great.

Plan on going to my fitness class of n the morning. Clothes laid out, coffee made and set to go off, and alarm is set. Just need to close my eyes and go to sleep.

Night night to y'all....
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:33 pm

Didn't sleep very well last night due to some coughing fits I couldn't quite get to stop. Finally feel asleep and then my alarm for class went off. Thought about blowing it off it usher to get up and get going.

Didn't have much problem to class until it came to running. Hard to explains but 10 push-ups, 10 pull ups...the bar is about 4 ft high and you get underneath it and pull your upper body to the bar and hike your feet and legs stay on n the ground. Then you run 400meters and repeat the round. The goal is to do as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes.

I've never been a fast runner and this morning I was slower than usual. However I ran,slowly, and never quit which is all I was hoping for. I wasn't 100% but made it.

Came home tired...got my 10k steps in and stayed on plan. And I'm down 5 lbs since i started. Off to bed... The morning comes fast around here

I've

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:06 pm

I took a couple of walks Tues. And one today so far, got a walk in the field.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:20 pm

I don't know how many steps I had yesterday because I forgot to have the Fitbit on when I took the long morning walk with dfriend and ddogs. I had over 10K on Monday and was almost there on Sunday too. Today I have only 4300 so far. Weight is trending down very, very slightly, barely enough to recognize. I'm about where I was in mid-Jan. :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Got my new sheet going for April. Last month I'd lost about 3 lbs but with the up and down, I finished the month at 1 lb. loss. It's the trend that's important I guess.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Yay to us all for focusing and no excuses.

I did my class this morning. Ran a mile but not all at one time. The other girls lap me all the time but I keep reminding myself I am 3 and 4 times older than they are. Plus I could never run that fast even at their age. However I did run against myself and the clock.

Jason told me this morning he was bragging to some new prospects who said they were too old to do his class that he is training a 65 year old every morning. I reminded him that in three weeks he can say a 66 yr old client, though it is truly hard for me to think of myself that way.

I came home and then did a daily diet bet challenges of 30 of each... Sit ups, reverse sit ups, leg lifts, bike legs and a 30 second plank. In addition I spent an hour on my gazelle while I watched Perry Mason.

I stayed on My eating plan , drank 80+ ozs of water and have at this count over 14k steps.

I like the diet bet games I am doing. I am doing two right now... Because there are daily challenges posted. Also I've noticed that one of the gals has a maintenance game going. During the past year many players have asked for this so I am looking forwards to playing once I reach my goal... 122 lbs. I have perhaps 15 lbs to go. Don't know for sure cause I haven't weighed in several days. Once I get down under 130 it gets difficult for me to get the scale to move. However I am off all meds including my Zoloft, which is part of the reason my weight increased...it's a side effect... So Loosing after I get under 130 will be new territory for me.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:27 pm

Today was a bust. Work up at midnight soaked due to night sweats... What with that... 65 and for the last month it happens more than not.

Felt bad couldn't get back to sleep, finally gave up trying to sleep. Didn't go to class. Spent time on the gazelle, but the longer I walked the worse I felt. Ended up crawling back in bed and slept three hours, unheard of for me. Still feel awful so backin bed I went.

Don't know what tomorrow will be like till I open my peepers. Just hope I can sleep tonight cause I have stuff I want to do...

Did stay on plan and got my water in... I down another two pounds

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:06 am

Positive posts here! Inspiring. I hope everyone who hopes for a losing trend continues.

Sleep - hope everyone who hopes for a sleeping trend continues, too!

Got in almost all healthy habits today - a good day.

breakfast - whole foods shake
lunch - big tossed salad with green peas
supper - veggie omelet with half-decaf coffee

There are at least 6 veggie/fruit servings there - probably 7, so that's extra.
water in addition to more than a pint above, was 3 more pints at least, so I was good on that.

Got in my vitamins, too. And the mostly God Made was certain.

Extra was 20 minutes in the sunshine - lovely.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Med. Walk & yd wk today's exercise.

Return to “Healthy Habits”