Health and Fitness, June, 2016

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, June, 2016

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:30 am

LucyLee - POTB!!

I just finished my second week of logging all food. I averaged eating 1402 calories per day and had an average weight loss of .9 lbs for the week.

I find it interesting that my average daily calories dropped 275 from the previous week however the weight loss didn't reflect that. I didn't lose more weight even when eating less calories than the week before.

This past week I was sick and my steps dropped to 1/2 of normal. My daily minutes of activity went from 51 to 15 (average). I had 3 days this week that had ZERO minutes of activity. Less movement = less weight loss. It isn't just about calories.

Onward to next week discovery.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:34 pm

Shopping was my ex. Sat.
took a walk Sun. P.m.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:56 am

Brisk walking is walking almost full out for me. I can barely sustain 3.3 mph. I certainly can't sustain 4 mph (that's my jogging speed when I do it on the treadmill.)

Dh has commented that I'm walking must faster these days and I'm finding he's dragging me down a bit sometimes when we are out. This isn't consistent, depending on the weather and how I feel, I can be the one dragging him down, literally hanging on to him since I don't have a cane for balance and there are still days I need one if I'm going maintain a walk as oppose to a stroll.

Weight is staying steady. I've been pushing the steps hard and have averaged over 10K/day now for the past 5 weeks in a row.

I need to go back to pushing logging at MFP. I lost my streak again so started at zero yesterday. Sunny is coming up on a HUGE milestone there.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:18 pm

Wondering what's going on with Sunny.....

I ate all kinds of food while the kids were here. I did so much cooking. I didn't eat a lot of sweets if any, but I had more fruits and definitely more food in general and I'm sure my fat content was up. But I was busy busy all the time and went to bed each night with aching legs and back from all the busyness.

My weight is exactly the same as it was before they came. So I can eat more normal if I work like a demon! I am solidly at the same number I was, consistently. The last loss I had was not a fluke. Happy for that.

So, I will try to keep my activity level up and go back to my diet routine and see what happens.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:13 pm

I walked the dog today.
Ditto for wed. And did laundry in the basement.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:40 am

I walked this morning after 10 days of not walking (due to storms & sickness). I am shocked how much my ability has dropped. By the time I was 1/4 of the way around the track I was sweating and my walk was slow. I intended to walk 2 laps but stopped after one. It is going to take a bit to build back up to normal activity. Being able to be active is such a blessing!!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:48 pm

Don't discount the effect of antibiotic, which can be tiring, and the fact that your energy has been going to fight something off, also the greater need for rest. It's not just a drop in your ability. It's aerobic, so it's the respiratory system you are asking to work, and the respiratory system is the one recuperating. I think it's great you are able to do this much!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:32 pm

I haven't posted here in a long time even though I look in once in a while to catch up on the news and health tips.

Today was day number 365 of logging my meals on My Fitness Pal. I had actually been logging there three months before that and I missed one day, so had to start over again. Ds#3 had introduced me to that website a while before that --- he was using it to keep track of his weight for the PT test he had coming up.

Anyway I've lost between 6 and 9 lbs. and seem to be stuck there; I still would like to lost about 5 more. However, it is not all bad though, because I've been eating more healthy. I noticed that I cannot eat foods with a lot of sodium --- the scale goes the wrong way! That never bothered me before m-pause.

I am going to keep on keeping on; I will eventually move off this plateau! I will say that it has been a pleasure keeping track with the group.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:41 am

WTG Sunny!!!!

Just keeping logged into the system proved too much for me, so you succeeded technically as well as persistently.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Gee, Sunny, that's impressive. Proud of you. In my record-keeping I was just noticing this morning that I missed logging twice in the last month. Very hard to keep up a "streak".

Although I am not an "app" person (in fact, I am not even a keep-the-phone-charged-and-with-me person lots of times), I would recommend Dr. Greger's free daily/weekly/monthly nutrition app called Daily Dozen which has little pictures of healthy foods and check-off boxes for how many servings are good to have daily - also water and also a "serving" of exercise, but you know how much he'd expect, yikes, lol. It will track through months in two ways - calendar images and visual graph - how many days you have recorded something and how many you have recorded all. Anyway, the check-off little page is also in print form of course and close enough to card size that I can see how it would be helpful to me either way.

Return to “Healthy Habits”