Health and Fitness, July, 2016

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, July, 2016

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:56 am

LM I saw a farming show on oats they aid folks have the keast amount if trouble with oat fkour U might give that a try.

I walked last night with a friend and this morning with the dog.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Just heard a report that those with type O blood are 83% more likely to be bitten by mosquitoes. That confirms why they like me so much! Was just noticing the red polka dots (mosquito bites) on my legs even though I use a spray with deet before venturing out for yard work. With the blue veins and red bites, I'm looking very colorful. :)
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:48 pm

There is also almond flour and rice flour.

I just finished a book, and the author was in the camp of NO gluten for anyone. I've read several things lately about NO dairy for anyone either. I don't think either bothers me. LadyM, if I had symptoms like yours I would eliminate it too. But now I'm wondering, all these years it never bothered you? Why now? What else has changed? I guess we can develop sensitivities to these things at different times.

Something is taking away my strength and stamina these days. It's probably too many carbs. Some of this isn't rocket science, it's common sense. I'm trying to get back on track.

Elly, I think I'm type O. Must be extra careful with zika around.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:08 pm

advised not to stop wheat in advance of celiac testing, in order to make sure it can be as accurate as possible.

I didn't know that! I thought staying away from what hurts would be the right thing to do. After reading this, I did call and make appt with family doc (August 11th). Hopefully they can do the test without me eating wheat.

all these years it never bothered you? Why now? What else has changed? I guess we can develop sensitivities to these things at different times.

My stomach has bothered me off/on for years. I never put 2+2 together until it became so painful that I couldn't ignore it anymore. I flunked nutritional detective

I almost never get mosquito bites. My sister and Mom get attacked by mosquitoes and their bites swell up. I don't know if our blood types are different.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Sketers do not bother me so much and my son hardly at all. Both O types that study could be wrong if you go by our experience.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Those sketers LOVE me and I am type A+ blood type. My bites can swell as big as a $.50 piece and itch like crazy. Sometime I scratch them raw till they bleed. Especially at night and I end up eating benedryl by the handfuls. I use deodorant or meat tenderizer to take away the itch. I HATE those critters.

The females inject their saliva into your skin which helps to break down your blood so they can suck it out. If you are like me or Harriet's dd18 it's the saliva left in our skin that our bodies react to. The body rushes histamines to fight the reaction and that is what causes us to itch like crazy.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Sketers hate mint and herbs like scented gerinum & lemon verbenia we do not have trouble with them at our house.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:27 pm

Quite true, Ramblin'. Oh, gee, I hate to even think about skeeters right now. Yuck.

I have eaten well today, although there was an incident with a chocolate chip cookie that we'll let slide. Greens smoothie had 2 servings of veggies plus 2 fruits, then another fruit in tomato sandwich, and HRH brought me some of his corn/green beans and rice lunch. My own homemade stir-fry finished up the day with 4 veggies and a serving of beans (tofu). There was a cruciferous in that and Dr. Greger believes those count extra, so who am I to argue. None were repeats of the same veggie or fruit, so big variety.

Return to “Healthy Habits”