Health and Fitness, August, 2016

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, August, 2016

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:08 am

Saw 5 deer on our walk today one doe had twi. Fawns. :mrgreen:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:54 pm

Harmony and Ramblin' I'm smiling at your cutout photos chat. I believe (according to my maternal grandmother's explanations of sinful stuff) that it's not envy to wish for a quality or attribute we see in another person. So, Harmony, I think you are in the clear on the envy thing! :lol: You don't want that anonymous lady's clothes. You just want to fit them. I'm with you.

I need lightbulbs. I mention that here because I changed the bathroom ones out for LED and looked in the mirror and in those few seconds I'd become ashen-sick! Also every wrinkle evident! Ohhhhh no. Not. Finding some incandescent or at least "soft white" bulbs somewhere soon. I don't need dressing-room lighting taking away my health in my own house.

Continuing to count produce with eye to variety. I regularly get 7 fruit and vegetable servings (and include mushrooms in there, though HRH reminds me it's a fungus :) ) but still sometimes find it a challenge to reach 9 a day. I think if I was not recording it ✒ every evening (just a word document) I couldn't do as well.

I also temporarily record reminders of what fts/veg I have on hand, as suggestions for the next day, so I don't let things slip my mind, spoil or just forget I haven't had something in a while. Both dd and HRH think I'm not counting some small servings I should (which they do). Trying to be real, though. Cool summer sandwiches are helping. Tomato, of course, but also my long-time favorite shredded carrot/squash with cucumber slices on top equals 2.5 veggies for my day.

Specifically getting sunshine is less important now but I do sometimes just make sure of 10 mins in skimpy clothes outside mid-day when I realize I've been indoors a lot. Taking 1/2 a 5,000 mcg B-12 dissolving tablet twice a week.

Lynlee, we miss you.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:07 pm

I walked the dog & dried my hair in the process.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:55 pm

I've just been reading back.

re bread reactions - It could be the flour, or the yeast, or preservatives, or any other additive.
for me that can be milk solids or potato flour if they sneak that in

re getting up from ground / near ground - It can be hard to do that without putting a hand on the ground or another stable object. When I had my broken shoulder I sometimes would 'walk' on my knees to a chair for support. I need to put a hand down to get my feet under me. Beginners yoga had us walking our hands up to knees and thighs to go from squat to standing.
I watched a tv program that endorsed being able to rise from the ground with crossed ankles to begin, no hands ... as being a sign of positive health longevity ... they counted how many extra points / body parts needed to touch ground to get to standing. I just tried it and got 3, including a hand shift.
20 years ago I could do that while holding books in my arms. no longer. Maybe I leant against a wall to do it way back then. Anyway - the program suggested practicing to gain strength.

My recent attempts at fitness are to get back to regular weekly yoga classes, and walking as fast as possible daily.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:17 am

Did 2 walks today. Plus basement mop out a room.

Return to “Healthy Habits”