Health and Fitness, October 2016

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2016

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:37 pm

I don't understand how high fat diets work with the cholesterol. How can eating cheese, meats, cream, butter, bacon, sausage, not cause high cholesterol? Honest question, I really want to know.

Harmony - According to what I read the reduction in cholesterol comes from eliminating sugar & lower carb intake. The high fats eaten are to be "good" fats (coconut, olive oil, etc).
The LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) group members share their blood work before they started eating LCHF and afterward. The typical results are their bad cholesterol drops, good cholesterol rises and triglyceride improve. That is beside the almost instant improvement in blood sugar. And weight loss.
There are some highly trained medical and scientist type people that tell the reasons why eating this way works. I'm not one of them though! :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:01 pm

Does this look like a lot of med/supplements to be taking? I do NOT want to end up like dmom, just taking all kinds of stuff.

My rx meds are as follows:
Paxil 10 mg
Estrogen 2 mg
Progesterone 2.5 mg

These are the supplements and OTC meds I take regularly:
24 hr antihistamine (I alternate through store brand Claritin/Allegra/Zertec)
Flonase nasal spray
Magnesium
Calcium
Provicor (something that is supposed to lower cholesterol levels, dh ordered on internet)
One-a-Day multivitamin, women's formula
B-12
Trubiotic (probiotic)
Fiber capsules (recommended by gastro-doctor when I went for colonoscopy)

It just looks like a lot of bottles when you look at them all, but considering how I eat, I figure I can't possibly get enough of what my body needs from my food alone.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:26 pm

I had a good walk w ddog yesterday we did a bit of a change up in our route sun was out it was lovely we flushed out 2 deer also.

I walked with the dog today.

Return to “Healthy Habits”