Health and Fitness, December 2016

Share healthy living habits.
Twins' Mom

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2016

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:58 pm

And here as well, Harriet. I won't be walking with Chief, altho I expect to keep up walking some with dfriend and her R uby. We are both discussing the need for strength and flexibility training. I'm considering trying a yoga class in the new year.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:34 am

My lower abdominal pain went away when I stopped eating gluten. Even rolled oats that are meant to be ok caused pain. Other things find me disagreeable as well.
I've been cheating with chocolate. Trying to keep it below what causes neck tension headaches. The gluten free Christmas cake I bought was a waste after my first try at that.too many salyclates. Sry spelt that wrong.

I need to give myself every chance at success next year, also need to talk to dd about her sinus treatment.I could do with that.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:02 am

Do you think you might have had an undiagnosed ulcer which healed when you changed your diet, or perhaps the antibiotic you're taking for your bronchitis might have healed it?

I am constantly amazed at the level of knowledge and astute wisdom in SHE group! I didn't put together the taking of antibodies and the change in my ability to eat flour. It does explain it, though! Thank you Harmony!!

Even with the new ability to eat wheat flour without pain, I am still reluctant to do it. However, the holidays have been one temptation after another. DMIL brought us a huge platter of homemade cookies & candies. I did eat a chocolate chip cookie. I made homemade hot rolls last Saturday but mostly left them alone. Homemade hot rolls are a weakness of mine - the yeasty smell and the soft insides with crusty outsides. Mmmmhhh. I ate 2 of the 48 hot rolls that I made. Once I got to enjoy those roll coming out of the oven, then I wasn't tempted by them anymore.

I tried something new-to-me yesterday - Chips made with Parmesan cheese. Ya'll know I am a chip-o-holic so I am constantly looking for a healthier alternative.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Today thaw veggies. Ex. Bike trips up & down stairs.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:00 am

Well, even though the new year hasn't started yet, I'm back on my eating program.... the no sugar one.

And though my gym closed before Thanksgiving, I am about to start with a new one in Jan. My gym partner just started back and she likes it there. I did a few days there to see if I might like it and found it to be a very welcoming place.

Am debating about doing another diet bet. Figure if I'm gonna work on getting in shape and loosing a few pounds, might as well make some money doing it.

Sweetie has begun walking after dinner to help control his BP. Though he is slim and in shape his BP has been higher than normal. He eats no salt... I never have cookednwith it...and extremely healthy, so he wants to see if this helps. I am joining him and it is a fun way to get in some extra steps and honey time :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:13 pm

LadyMaverick wrote: I did eat a chocolate chip cookie.

A. A. That's the big word here. A. A anything around here is a major victory for me! :lol:

I'm going to focus on health and fitness. If I focus just on weight loss, I'm not sure that helps the fitness thing. Going to concentrate a bit on mental health fitness also. We don't talk much about our mental health, do we? But I suspect mine needs a bit of a tune-up.

Return to “Healthy Habits”