Daily Food Diary - January

Share healthy living habits.
lucylee

Re: Daily Food Diary - January

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:59 pm

Indiana, kudos for making that reindeer last so long.
He'd been a memory on day one if he'd been around here.

You know what?
If I don't make some changes, I'm going to have to switch from Scarlett to Mammy for my avatar.
:cry: :oops: :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Wednesday Eating so far
apple
tuna salad w/celery & onion, SlimFast
Smart Ones ziti pasta meal, small Pepsi
too many Ritz crackers with cream cheese!!

Indiana and lucylee, I remember a poster on the T-Tapp nutrition forum who used to allow herself a Hershey Kiss only as she went out her door to her car. She might want more later, but too bad, she was always away from home and candy before that urge could hit her. I've found I don't eat any candy that is not in my house - that's my tip, don't bring in candy, LOL! I turned down a pack of M & Ms from dh today - I had my heart set on the ziti pasta because he was having a Thai noodle dish I don't care for, so it was easy to turn it down. However, for some reason, the Ritz were welcome - what was I thinking?
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:30 pm

That might work, Harriet... if I could stick to it...
Boy, it seems like I eat a lot compared to y'all. Even w/out my junk food.
Tomorrow is another day.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:56 am

I forgot to write down yesterday's eating.

Wednesday, Jan. 21 -- 25 pts.

Bfast - tea, coffee, 1 mini cinnie, 1/2 slice bread (Great Harvest) 4.5 pts.
Lunch - wrap up (turkey, tomato, onion), clementine 3.5 pts.
Snack - oatmeal w/ apple and 1 T brown sugar (and cinnamon), 1 sm. bag low fat popcorn, 1 WASA cracker with cheese, tea 7 pts.
Supper - lasagna casserole, tiny piece of cornbread, salad w/ low fat dressing 12 pts.?

Exercise - 30 min. elliptical trainer, back exercises -2 pts.

Thursday, Jan. 22 - 26.5 pts.

Bfast - tea, coffee, tiny (1" sq) piece of egg casserole, most of an apple muffin 4 pts.
Lunch - wrap up, grapes 3.5 pts.
Snacks - handful of Chex mix, bowl of All Bran cereal w/ milk, wasa cracker w/ cheese 7 pts.
Supper - Cream of tomato soup, chunk of a baguette, mixed salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette (Panera Pick Two) 12 pts?
Snack - chunk of a large candy cane 2 pts.

Exercise - jog 1 mile, weights, back exercises -2

Last edited by helia on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:36 am

Wednesday...

Breakfast: cheerios, 1/2 banana and yogurt
Snack: 1/2 banana
Lunch: Pico de Gallo with veggies, apple, milk
Snack: V8
Dinner: hamburger, french fries
Snack: hershey kiss

Harriet I can keep Kisses and only have one at night which I just let melt in my mouth. Jelly beans - I can't keep them in the house even to have one before driving somewhere. I would have to keep them in the trunk of the car and then eat one before going somewhere.

Harriet

silly candy talk

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:23 pm

:D
I am like that with licorice. Wonder why that is - is it something about the chewiness of jellybeans/licorice that grabs us? Dd10 loves twizzler type candies, especially licorice, and I will BELIEVE we can drive down the road (me driving) and only she will be eating her treat of course, but I will REACH over and get a twizzler licorice stick from her at a stoplight! LOL! Whose hand is that? :oops:

Dh met some folks from the company that invented regular twizzlers by mistake, and got the story on how that happened. Somebody forgot molasses in a huge recipe of licorice and surprisingly the batch wasn't awful, just ugly. So they tried flavoring it, tinkered some more for texture and color, and voila! A new candy that would run on the same manufacturing line, so very little overhead. They made lots of money, I'm sure.

Dd28 likes Dr. Pepper more than other soft drink and I gave her a pack of Dr. Pepper flavored "JellyBelly" jelly beans for Christmas. They were in a display alone at Tractor Supply, of all places, where no other JellyBellys were carried - perhaps a holiday flavor.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Oh my, I would fit right into your family, Harriet. I like twizzlers too -- though jelly bellies are really my Achilles heel, maybe like Indiana. I know jelly bellies aren't quite the same as jelly beans, though I do have a weakness for jelly beans too! I also love Dr. Pepper! So do some of my kids. In fact, diet Dr. P. is my diet soda drink of choice. Dh is fond of these black licorice-type candies called drop that are from NL; you can't really buy them here. Once in a while I've found a package of them, but in NL, they have a large variety of types of drop. I like drop too, though I don't like the salty varieties which dh does like as well as other types. . .

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:58 pm

I tried Dr. Pepper and I'm not sure what it is but that is as far as it went. Maybe too sweet or too something.

Add spice gum drops to my list too and butter mints.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

I love Dr. Pepper, and so does ds, and I think ddad likes it -- but dh & dmom CANNOT STAND it! DH says it tastes like medicine. I even like the cherry/vanilla Dr. Pepper, and I've drunk the chocolate Dr. Pepper, but it was almost too sweet for me.
I always drink the diet varieties now though.
DS & ddad like root beer, too, however, and I cannot stand that!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Thursday -- Jan. 22
banana, dry Special K Protein Plus cereal, diet coke
flavored water
2 slices turkey, 1 slice low-fat cheese, 6 Triscuits, flavored water, Nature Valley granola bar (almond crunch)
flavored water
carrot sticks, rice cakes *
3 chicken fingers, french fries, diet coke
cracker jacks

* Actually, these are Quaker Mini Delights, White Chocolate Drizzle, 90 calorie packs. Although the first three ingredients listed are whole grain wheat flour, whole grain yellow corn, whole grain brown rice flour, the next ingredient is sugar and I believe they are loaded with it. There are 15g carbohydrates -- 8 g sugar -- with only 1 g fiber and 1 g protein. * whew * No wonder I feel a hypoglycemic feeding frenzy after eating them. I'll not buy any more.

Friday -- Jan. 23
banana, dry Special K Protein Plus cereal, diet coke
flavored water
2 slices turkey, 1 slice low-fat cheese, 6 Triscuits, flavored water, Nature Valley granola bar (almond crunch)
flavored water
rice cakes
bar-b-que sandwich, baked potato chips, diet coke
tiny bit of popcorn, diet coke
* Coming home from the music thing, I suddenly felt very weak/shaky. Home --
grapefruit w/sugar & cinnamon
a BUNCH of Triscuits, 2 slices of cheese
pkg of 2 granola bars
Last edited by lucylee on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Healthy Habits”