Health and Fitness, January 2017

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, January 2017

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Ah, January, the month of resolute decisions! What are yours?

To a resolute mind, wishing to do is the first step toward doing.
But if we do not wish to do a thing it becomes impossible. - Robert Southey

The truest wisdom is a resolute determination. - Napoleon Bonaparte

My New Year's Resolution List usually starts with the desire
to lose between ten and three thousand pounds. - Nia Vardalos

If you do make a list of the "R" word ( ;) ) make sure you have the facts, Ma'am. Don't start one with negative thoughts. Begin every "R" list with the facts that you are terrific, and smart, and capable. Everyone here is absolutely CERTAIN of it!

Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness, January 2017

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:04 pm

If it's about weight.. ...
Blaming oneself for weight gain, for instance, probably wouldn't be based on truth or wisdom! We know, now, that factors in our world have caused the greater gain of weight for us than for our ancestors, even one generation back. These come from the environment as toxins, but also from toxic plans :twisted: of corporations who have financial interest in getting/tricking our bodies to desire more of their products, even to the point of addiction :shock: that wasn't possible in the past.

Then, after we gain weight and still hear preposterous "information" (recently, funded by these same companies), that it must be OUR fault and people must be ingesting more food now (nope, not) or must not be exercising enough to balance THEIR ingredients :?: , we feel bad. :( And we are stressed. :? And that causes... ... you guessed it! Weight gain.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:35 am

Day two...
Ate on plan yeasterday. This is headache season for me so I didn't get my steps in. Will work on that while I watch football today using my gazelle. Good thing cause it's raining :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:45 am

Ok, I took the plunge... signed up for two diet bet challenges. Both start tomorrow. I think I will need to lose somewhere between 5-7 lbs in a month to win. My goal is ten at least. We shall see :D

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:49 am

Day 3
Stayed on my eating plan, got 10k steps in so I'm off to a goo start :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Didn't get my 10K/day steps this week. I'll barely average 8K. Two major snow storms and an ice storm were part of the reason. Three full days of entertaining were another.

Goals:

Strengthening my body is a goal because dgs keeps getting heavier. I'm noticing my back is sore the day after being with him so it is time to get back on the floor to do back and knee exercises. I need to be steadier on my feet when around him, plus able to get up and down off the floor while lowering or lifting him with me. Thinking back that's how I'm hurting my back.

When at her place, dd leaves me to redress and carry dgs downstairs after a diaper change. If I'm holding him with two arms (when facing me since his head needs holding) I creep down the stairs because I'm in slippers and its plush carpet. If he's facing outwards, I'm more confident because I have him in the football hold and have an arm free to hold the wall. The railing is on the left side and I hold him in my left arm so I still don't have a railing. They also don't keep the lights on the stairs. And pile things on the landing (on the wall edge) so the whole thing is a recipe for disaster if I'm not very, very, cautious. I simply refuse to carry him in the car carrier outside if it is icy. I need my arms for my own balance.

Weight also needs to come down. There were at least 5 pounds gained over Christmas but that will come off quickly. It is the remainder that will need work.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:08 pm

My R word is resolve, I have been doing my arm workout with wts. 5lb ones for strength training eod. I started last mo. But fell off the wagon.
Did it today.
Did the ex bike this morning for 30 min.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:29 am

Day 4

I'm down 6 lbs, but I really started Cmas Day Eve. Cut out all carbs, sugar and diet sugars, so part of the loss is due to not eating Cmas stuff.

Stayed on plan, but didn't get in all my steps. That's because I worked around the house all day. Start with exercise at home today including weights. And of course time on my gazelle.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:11 pm

I was just approved for my two diet bets. Must loose 5.5lbs to win both games by the end of the month. All I can say is this is doable if I stay focused, drink my water and keep my mouth shut. Need to stay on my eating plan and getting to eat a piece of chocolate every day really helps :D

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:11 am

Day 5...

Stayed on plan and got 11k steps in. Will be starting back at a new gym this morning ... my muscles are not gonna like this lol Had to charge my Fitbit for this first time this morning. Hope it's ready to go when I am :D

Return to “Healthy Habits”