Health and Fitness, March, 2017

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, March, 2017

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:57 am

Welcome!

This is a thread about gaining and maintaining strength for our wonderful calling, Homemaking. As we care for our own health, we grow more capable and competent to care for our families, our neighbors and our communities. As we become more effective, our hopes for ourselves and those we care about get the best chance!

Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, March, 2017

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:00 pm

Well, now that I am feeling better...fingers crossed...I am on my way again. made 10K steps each day since Monday and did a short round of weights at home this morning. Not pushing, just a little at a time.

Also back to eating low carbs and no sugar. Hard to get started again, but once I make some of my no carb bread it will get easier.

Easing back into everything is never easy at first, but it certainly is doable.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:41 am

I walked w dgd & the dog today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:44 am

I've not been walking much - no dog to prod me, and dfriend M has had hip issues and hasn't been doing the long walks. I should take her dog, R uby out for a walk but somehow can't do it.

My triumph for yesterday was getting the fitbit back on. Goal for today will be for more steps than yesterday - shouldn't be hard since I hit a whopping 2100.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Hip - reminds me that we are buying dd a new mattress and if we (and dd) are impressed with this one we will buy from the same company for our bed, too. We're going to buy from one of two choices we've narrowed to, of the relatively new type that come in boxes easily delivered to you, and then you open and they expand.

One of the big "pluses" that reviewers mention is that hip pain is sometimes eased and reviewers are enjoying more activity. So I'm hopeful regarding my own left hip and leg. The A-river reviews are great - on one 90 percent with over 8,000 reviews, and the other is close to that.

Ours was expensive, a pillow-top, but is past the supposed "life" of a mattress. Frankly, it has held up better than any upholstered furniture I own and is very firm right now. Makes me wonder if this is as it should be. :?: I do know that I toss and turn.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:02 pm

Met all 24 "daily dozen" on checklist today (Dr. Michael Greger's Daily Dozen app or checklist). I don't do apps because I figure I don't have time to do everything. I'd rather see/record on a bigger screen, although his is colorful and tempting. I just use the checklist in a text document. So that's my first "perfect" day in March. Yay, me.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Gee, I'm going to have to post a SHEM! I saw this on a poster:

"I really regret eating healthy today." said no one ever.

We are a very quiet thread these past two weeks.

I met all 24 goals of my Daily Dozen again today, so that's twice in March by mid-month. When I'd realized that all I needed was another whole grain and fruit, settling in on the couch to watch a video with a bowl of oats and berries was a no-brainer. I enjoyed it very much.

Have had trouble sleeping - rare for me. For the past few nights I've tended to allow thoughts to trouble me in the middle of the night. Usually I just insist on falling back to sleep after any awakening, and I hope I can get back to that. I've had dreams about people at church, though in completely different settings.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:56 pm

I spiffed up the coop for the new chicks & walked in the rain for my exerise yesterday. Today I walked the ddog.
I walked 2 shorter walks today w the dog & kidN on one. And just the dog on the other. Not quite up to my regular self.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Sleep seems better for me. I believe I came close to sleeping through the night last night, with only an awakening as I turned over and was out again. For one thing, I switched to a woven cotton bedspread. I didn't really think, when I did it, that it would matter so much, but things have been better. I had been sleeping under a polyester/cotton bedspread. Maybe the man-made fibers were part of it. I'm the type of sleeper who likes the covers up right under my chin, or even over an ear.

Yesterday was a perfect day of 24 checkmarks. Felt very well this morning. That's good, I need my energy, because I'll be playing with ds' children outside today while their Daddy gets the yard ready for BabyC's party tomorrow.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Had to take a day off knee was bothering me. Back on track now walked ddog, dug on the stump two rounds and vacuumed counting that for exercise.

Return to “Healthy Habits”