Health and Fitness, July, 2017

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, July, 2017

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Harriet ...

I have a natural low rate heart beat..46-52 is normal for me.

I have to remind all medical personnel about this at every visit. Its especially important when having surgery done under anesthesia. It makes my drs go whacko as my heart rate has been known to drop to 32bpm. And every time I see my neurologist she insists on retaking my heart rate manually because she doesn't trust the machines.

I am convienced this condition is inherited ... my dad's heart rate was the same as mine and so is my son's. When I do to the drs and my heart rate is 55+ I am known to say... gee something must be off in my body :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Day 3 of low carbs and no sugar. Will check my weight next week. Right now I am focusing on getting my eating habits the right way.

One day at a time...

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:37 pm

I don't know what's normal but mid 70s is what it was while riding in the car today. In the morning while I'm still in bed it is high 60s. I wore my heart rate monitor (body strap and watch) today so I could double check it against my new tracker and so I could track it while walking. The tracker was the average of what the HRM display was while I was taking my pulse with the tracker so they are in agreement.

My heart rate goes to 135 almost instantly when I start walking and then if I'm really pushing myself (just 3.5 mph) it will go up into the 150s. With the rain about to hit I jogged about 400 feet home including up our driveway and it was 165 at that point. Yes, I know that's high. That's what I keep complaining to the doctor about. No, I haven't had a stress test, just a nuclear stress test that showed everything was 'fine'.

I just took it with the tracker now (the HRM is off) and I'm at 90 sitting here typing.

Dd has a very fast heart rate as well. As a teen we had a monitor on her for 24 hours to see what was up. When we went to the hospital to pick it up, they had me come into the room and left her in the waiting room. We then had to switch positions, the staff assumed the monitor was for me!

In the long run my calories weren't bad today, just a bit over. We won't talk about sodium but at the moment I don't have to track that!

Looking forward to my yogurt tomorrow morning. It will make the rest of the day easier to plan. On the other hand, my bowels like the cereal better. I find they really miss the whole grains. The fruit and veggies doesn't keep me moving as well (I've added fiber capsules to my bedtime routine to keep things moving.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:38 am

quick hi - I will come back to read the posts in a bit but I already spent too much time on the computer - you all are inspiring. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Today will be counting stairs doing laundry in the basement.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:45 am

I haven't walked and keep on binging at night. I have to change this - I know it's a bad habit.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:29 pm

back on track and did the a m walk.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Yesterday was Day 4 and I stayed mostly non track. My migraine had me craving sweets and I ended up eating 2 cookies. Not bad all things considered.

This is Day 5. Will make some sugar free diet jello to take care of the cravings. May roll some cream cheese in some of the sf jello powder. They are ymmyb that way.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:25 pm

totally understand about migraines and food. its hard. I normally don't eat beef but at the start of a migraine I seem to need it. well done - on using jello to fill those sweet feelings. feel better d rose

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:04 pm

I am trying to stick to my ww - evening continues to be a problem - lack of focus and habit of fridge treasure hunting and going for the bread/butter/cheese or chocolate anything is a huge issue.

235 still after all this time - I had gained weight with meds 10 lbs a year over 10 years but I could have exercised consistently and not fallen into the evening on the range behaviour - I have had binging moments all my life. I hid what I ate from my mom when I was young even though I wasn't heavy but there is that time as a grown up you know your behaviours are yours and yours alone. I am working on it.

yesterday I stopped by gnarly knots with the thought that I was "buying it for my daughter" - I bought 3 - she ate 1/2 of one for dinner and I ate 2 large pretzels. I need to control this.

working towards health
walked today but not as much as I have - It's a bit humid for me today - someones dog had to be picked up bc it was too hot - even though it is the summer average

day one of really keeping track - i normally don't write it down

Return to “Healthy Habits”