Trek Season, 2017

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Trek Season, 2017

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:27 pm

More welcoming weather may mean this is trek season.
What have you seen along your way?
Any serious goals to tell about?
Any observations to share about the time you spent?

Pinecone 9 5 17.jpg

Just tell about your trek, or if you'd like to add a photo you snapped, maybe something at your farthest distance, or along the way, then save photo on your computer, and in your post click "Attachments" below the post. Then click "add files" and find the photo, click it to choose it. You'll be able to pick "place inline" and wherever your cursor is in your post at that time, your photo will appear. Resizing the photo will help insure the site can accept it. The pinecone was resized to 20 percent before saving. "File comment" offers space for a few words about a trek photo if you just want a quick post to touch base.

Photos here might only stay for a season... ... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LadyMaverick

Re: Trek Season, 2017

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:41 pm

FB_IMG_1504730233479.jpg

picture of my Laughable Lavender bike that I ride most every morning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Well y'all will have to go to my FB page as I have no access to a computer. Walked 2.5 miles along the ocean boardwalk today in the off and on drizzle.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:53 pm

No photo but I got a walk in tonight to test my new pedometer.

My walk tonight was to the gas station to check the price. I meant to take a picture of the sign reading 126.4 (per liter, there are 3.8 liters to the gallon.) We have a 30km range so we'll gas up tomorrow before we leave. In the meantime gas dropped 2 cents a liter since I got home. I need to decide if it will stay down. I need about 16 liters to get to Syracuse where I intend to gas up fully (the tank holds ~46 liters.) The irony about a Prius is that while the gas mileage is almost 2x better than what ds gets, the tank is small (12 gallons) so we can't go any farther than he goes. Actually less since he travels with a couple of jerry cans on the roof.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:46 am

Short treks here this week bc of the smoke, like to the corner & out to the hen house. Ten min. Or less. I watered and pulled a few weeds yesterday. Lovely various shades of pink flowers in bloom like my roses and rose of sharon, and yellow sunflowers, saw a humming birds this week, and heard a hawk overhead this morning. I have ten layng hens 5 not laying got 8 eggs yesterday, hens are happy and love the grapes and plums in the yard. We do a chicken walk the hens follow me around the yard to the coop when I have the their feed bucket. :mrgreen:

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 am

I love this thread. I've been inspired to overcome a mental block and go on three short treks in four days.

Your bike is beautiful, LadyM!!

Harriet, you said in the other health thread, "Have not gained in a year and a half. " That is amazing! Congratulations on your steady weight loss. It is definitely the healthiest approach.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:29 pm

I know the chicken walk, Nancy! The bucket is like a carrot dangling.

Thank you, RunKitty and good job on walks. Mental blocks - I wish I could visit myself sometimes, a few days in the past, and reassure myself they don't have to happen.

LadyM, I think ladies' bicycles are so attractive. Yours looks inviting and well cared for.

Ramblin', I bet the boardwalk was spirit-lifting!

Kathryn, that's a good image for walking... ... the price of gas. :shock:

Today the weather broke and I got in a 45-min trek through the woods. I was not surprised by the climbing vine I came upon. Have been around here long enough to know where several of these are planted. Would not snap this photo on a walk with HRH as he doesn't care for this particular type of vine. I believe the botanical name is "climbupium nailedinifer".

climbingvine.jpg

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Muffin has grown to love our little walks around the neighborhood. Like all my other dogs, they start watching me for signs of getting ready for a walk.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Screenshot_20170908-142722.png

I'm not fast. However, I am fairly consistent.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Trying to stay consistent here too. I went to a farm where there used to be alpacas. There was a white horse instead, but on the way back I saw the alpacas where horses used to be. Weather has cooled off quite a bit. Still smoky from the BC and eastern Washington fires.

Return to “Healthy Habits”