Health and Fitness, October 2017

Share healthy living habits.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2017

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:03 am

I simply cannot seem to manage without tea right now (my only real source of caffeine since my chocolate intake is so small.)

Without the aspartame I've increased my snacking and my sugar intake. Maybe this will balance out (I'm still only a few weeks in) but it is difficult. And I still crave sitting down with a diet soda at certain times of the day to increase my energy (especially while in the car on the go.)

While writing the previous paragraph it occurs to me that perhaps doing a guided meditation at that point might help revive me. I'm still not doing them daily. I may have my tea and chocolate habit, but adding meditation to that seems to be too hard.

Last night I just sat in the dark for almost an hour, catching up on email on my tablet next to an open door. That tamed the headache that minutes before was so bad I could barely drive home from the dinner and had decided to double my nightly ibuprofen. Instead, after that hour (with no pills) I was able to freeze the remaining chowder in single serving sizes and wash up all the pots before heading to bed. On the drive home I had hoped to be lights out by 9:30 and was debating skipping brushing teeth because I just wanted to get to bed with ice and heat. Instead, sitting in the dark was enough to banish the headache without any other intervention. Weird. Makes me wonder if I was overstimulated between Sunday which was a surprisingly social day and Monday when I had the computer tech coming over and had to prep for another social night.

I'm going to mention being too hot to the doctor. I'm sitting here in a pool of sweat in my night gown. It is warm here (72 ish) and humid but I shouldn't be a pool of sweat. I'm just sitting.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:49 am

I can finally feel myself getting back on a firm emotional foundation. The initial shock and dismay of DBro cancer diagnosis has been processed. I can talk about it without tears falling. Cancer treatment & side effects are now a part of a new normal life. DH gets his stitches out today so that surgery is almost behind us.

I am strong enough mentally/emotionally to spend thoughts on tracking & logging my food.

I can prepare & serve the kids meals and snacks without feeling the need to indulge.

Confessions of a Chip-o-holic.......For my birthday I bought a large bag of potato chips. I allow myself to eat them for an hour then I dumped all the remaining chips into the outside trash can. It wasn't a binge. I know that binge mentally well. This was simply a decision to eat potato chips on my birthday. It actually felt good to make a decision to eat something addictive to me and remain in control of when I stop eating that item.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:11 am

Way to go, LadyM. Sometimes a conscious splurge to treat oneself is the way to go.

Using my weighted average spreadsheet, I am down 6 lbs since July 1. I am doing the "Always Hungry?" way of eating. Higher fat, slow carbs, no sugar.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:52 pm

I did 25 min. On stat bike. Plus did the vacuuming - for my exercise 2day.

Return to “Healthy Habits”