Health and Fitness, October 2017

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2017

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:09 pm

I walked the dog today regular walk.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Wonderful news, Harriet. I'm so happy for you and HRH.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:14 am

Thanks for the Headspace heads up! I am loving it. I set it to 3 minutes and have upped it for tomorrow because I am disappointed when it ends. That is a very good sign.

I am managing without ibuprofen at night but it requires way more heat to relax me enough to fall asleep.

I continue to be soda free except for sparkling water.

I have started to record in MFP again in order to work on getting the weight down. I am still 15 pounds lower than my high water mark and not technically obese but seeing my blood work makes me feel obese. Which is probably a good thing since it is stirring me to action.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Made my steps for the day. Two walks in a day make that easier.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:11 pm

I walked the dog today for my exercise.
And on Tues. Glad to be done before the winds came up. Some shoping too.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:03 am

I got my exercise done on the stationary bike today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi to RunKitty!

That's great to hear ya'll are getting those steps in (including Nancy's dog!). I am not doing my best on that - meeting deadlines instead, sigh.

Dstepson has been drinking only water for several months, Kathryn. He can count on one hand, he says, the slip ups even just to coffee or tea. He doesn't know about the scale, but knows he's cinched up 3 belt notches. That's almost hard for me to believe because he is not heavy, but I can see for myself in his face and neck he's much closer to his younger look. Couldn't decide to say the words, "and your complexion looks so nice". :) But will say something like that when other men are not around!

Figs were back in the stores so I grabbed a package and have so enjoyed them. A favorite.

I "cooked breakfast" with grandsons when they were here the other morning and taught them how to slice, cube-in-the-slice, and then spread/reverse a slice of mango for pretty squares. That was a hit.

Today one of my let's-get-rid-of-this-water-weight days. B - oatmeal with blueberries, L - wild/brown rice blend, beans, homemade coleslaw, S - big stir-fry (3 cups are for me) of tofu broccoli carrots celery onion bok choy garlic shitake mushroom with turmeric. If I want, I'll nuke a small sweet potato or raid the small white potatoes in the fridge this evening.

Water weight hasn't really been SO bad - the nervousness surrounding the funeral and houseguests and deadlines/rush was kind of offset by the difficulty getting anything to eat while out, or while so much was going on. Just need to get back to normal things. Did have a whole-foods shake last evening, which is good on the berries but a little too high for nuts - just settling back in to real things, though, did help.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:37 pm

I've rearranged things so I can get to 9.30am Monday yoga classes in my town each week, with a teacher I like. Week 3 of that.
Another class would be good once I get some better fitness happening.
Walking is spasmodic. I did get a 3k loop in yesterday afternoon.

Great to here things eating related can return to normal at Harriet's place.
Interesting to hear of your dss's success with his skin and weight by taking to water pure and simple.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:41 am

Lynlee, that's a good time of morning to have an exercise class in your routine. I hope you keep enjoying it. I think of you regarding my bedtime routine, whether good or bad. I sleep well, but like today, so often the stresses put me into nap mode and then I'm up too late.

Kathryn, I've been thinking about your pain situation. A-River has a set-up to "look inside" the book Foods That Fight Pain by Barnard, and many pages are view-able, so that would be a free info source that might be interesting. Oddly, it seems you can't do this with the 2008 one but can with the 1999 one. I don't know how much difference there is in the two. I've had that book on my list to read but the list keeps morphing and I've never gotten to it.

Some disappointment for me tonight that HRH and I went to WMart and my leg hurts so badly. I haven't had this experience in so long that I let my guard down. I went with him to the very place that always hurts so much, since I couldn't otherwise find a sewing notion needed to help make our green-eyed boy's costume, and I knew they'd have it. The memory came back with a vengeance. I was on my feet cooking for a while today. Maybe that had something to do with it. But it's always WMart.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:35 am

I stubbed my toe Fri. Last week I think maybe this week any way ouch, toe got infected so I have been doctoring it , I have neosporin it is better not walking as much doing ex. On stat bike and just walking to the corner w ddog. Had to skip an event I was really looking forward to the rock and gem show. Too much walking. Managed w mart barly for store run. Harriet I hear U! I avoided Joanns for the same reason.

Return to “Healthy Habits”