Health and Fitness, November 2017

Share healthy living habits.
Harmony

Re: Health and Fitness, November 2017

Postby Harmony » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:55 am

Ok, I'm in. I like this thread.

I will abstain from all added sugar-ey foods this month.

Not easy in this house, I'm a see-it-eat-it kinda person. And DH brings in cake in a clear plastic container EVERY time there is one on sale, which is very often, so there is ALWAYS cake sitting on my counter. And he keeps the clear container on the other counter full of cookies. I have pretty much kicked the ice-cream habit because I do not really like the cheap kind / flavor he buys. If it was a really tasty container I'd be in trouble with that too.

I will start today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:28 pm

This is not a good time to start anything. We are leaving Sat a.m. to be away until the Sunday after and what I eat may not be under my control. Likewise with exercise and almost anything else...dh and I will be together 24-7 and with client/friend and then dh's aunt. I'll get an a.m. break on Thurs-Sat a.m. when dh has education sessions. Ha! Aunt Paula thought that she would "entertain" me; I'm afraid I just want some time without people.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:44 pm

I am back from a walk with rhe dog she was kind of leary of the big dog but we walked by on the other side of the road so go a full walk in plus my shopping.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm 3 for 3! There are advantages to observing the neighborhood. I noticed which neighbors have walnut trees. I have been wondering where the squirrels were getting those.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Yesterday I did ok. But I discovered I couldn't figure out anything to replace the junk with. It was really hard. And guess what, when I came home today there was a really nice chocolate bar on our porch table with a card from the church up the street inviting us to church. :shock: Dark chocolate with salted caramel, no less. I did have a small taste of that which I shouldn't have, but still it's way better than I had been doing.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi, everybody has such good plans and even if it's not the right time for a new habit, just being aware of that now helps with being prepared for better timing later.

I'm trying to put some DVDs in a line-up with sensible order but also variety
Wed. - about 50 minutes TTapp Instructional
Friday - about 50 minutes TTapp Senior Instructional

So, reaching the "end" of this week on target. 2 days off then M,W,F is the intent.

Felt no muscles after the first, even though it looks more demanding and leaves me breathing hard. After today's with slower moves but holding every posture so much longer, my abdominal muscles are feeling it.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:25 pm

I have exercised (walked) for over 35 minutes each of the last 2 days. It feels good to be getting back into the habit of walking in the morning.

I am trying something different to help motivate me with making better food decisions. I bought some bangle bracelets and am wearing 1 for each pound I've lost this year. Each morning I weigh to find out how many bracelets I get to wear today. However, there is a harsh side to this weigh for bracelet game. I bought red bangle bracelets and am wearing one of the red bracelets if I gain a pound. I am finding that I hate those red bracelets that are glaring at me from my wrist all day long. I want to get rid of them. Silly. But it is a good reminder.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:07 am

Whatever works for you LM.

My scales are on the blink atm. I think they are unhappy with the last type of battery which didn't last long at all.

Day 4 of bit of plank with dog mixed in x4 today. I have some cat cow happening up front the last 2 days. I'm not saying I'm holding anything long. My jellybelly complains so it must be doing something.
I've been doing the 3k loop walk daily.
once lights off by midnight.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:52 pm

I like this thread too, Harmony. It's great to see so many joining in.
I just want my old running habit back. For years, I ran every morning and for years I had a job where I walked and/or ran 10+ miles on work days. For the past nine months, I have been doing nothing. Not good.
I started on 2nd November and have been walking/running (slowly) my former short loop run. It feels fantastic!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:28 pm

I walked w ddog a full walk took my new to me umbrelloa but did not need it.

Return to “Healthy Habits”