Health and Fitness, March, 2018

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, March, 2018

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:04 am

I walked the dog today our regular walk and a shorter one too.

Thurs. Walked in ths field w ddog for exercise.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:57 am

After apparently taking the first half of the month off, I'm back on working harder to stay within my calorie count, track everything (there were two days I failed to do even that) and get more steps in. I didn't gain weight but I didn't lose any either. Part of the backsliding was that I hurt my hips and was in pain for about 8 days. That's healed again. The stupid thing I was doing was jogging for 2 - 3 minutes on the treadmill during my 30 - 40 minute walk. After 3x of doing that the hips went STOP!

So weight is coming off. I'm down 3.5 pounds (maybe, I'm awaiting 2 more days to confirm the weight loss) but will miss my goal for the month. That's OK, things are going in the right direction and I have pulled out my next-size-down jeans. I'm one-half pound away from 30% (15/50ths) of the way along this journey. I'm all about the math! At the end will be a new journey that includes tracking everyday like Sunny does. She's over 1000 days of tracking in a row now!

My new refugee family gave me a pair of jeggings but they will take another 10 pounds (maybe more) before I can wear them in public. But I could at least get them on and see if I liked them on me. I do because the skinniness makes my legs look slimmer.

I can't believe I still have 3 pounds to lose to get back to where I was before I gave up aspartame. And I'm back on aspartame now but only when I'm out. I'm using Zevia at home but after the comments above, I think I might give that up since apparently I'm paying 3x as much for marketing.

Harriet: Zevia in Canada has the following ingredients: Carbonated Water, Stevia leaf extract, Tartaric Acid, natural flavours, caffeine, citric acid. Our nutrition laws require the order to be in the order of volume, therefore there is more stevia than anything else but water in the drink.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:57 pm

I walked the dog today a med. Walk it was pretty windy out.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:16 pm

I just buy drops of the plant extracts I like any more, cheap-cheap. almost always monk fruit and stevia already mixed. If I do pick up anything carbonated I use my handy-dandy carbonation-keeper "can-caps". Knowing nothing is going flat, and I can have some the next day, gets me to put remainder of a can in the fridge.

Kathryn, that sounds like a great comeback for your March plans. Wouldn't that be nice if the leggings were really good in the future and you could tell the family you got lots of use. Your Z drinks might taste completely different from mine - who knows. Sounds like yours are very clearly from the stevia plant and that's that.

USDA is taking input for the next Dietary Guidelines. If anyone wants to put in their 2 cents, deadline is tomorrow.

Saw video of a robot doing Zumba, the reggaeton type. He (?) was pretty good. :D I used to enjoy it so started thinking what made me stop and as I recall my hip objected. fun activity though.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:49 am

End of the month. I ended at 176, so more than I wanted to be but down 4 for the month so I'm pleased. To catch up to my plan, I need to loose 7 this month. No, that's not likely to happen (that's 2 pounds per week, which I achieved this past two weeks but I don't see myself maintaining that discipline.)

Dh is home again so I can't continue this pace of loss. Sigh.... Yesterday I was starving at 3:30 so asked him when he wanted to eat. He said he wanted to go to bed at 8:30 so he needed to eat a few hours before that. Note, he didn't answer my question, he gave me the latest time. Around 5 I said, I'm hungry. At 5:50 he was at a break point in the music and I said, I need to eat now and made him start cooking.

After dinner (past 7) I announced I was going for a walk because I still had to walk 5K more steps (that's just over 2 miles for me.) He made a positive sound to that statement. He then started a conversation on something else. After that was over, he was looking at his phone so I got up and got dressed to go out. When I said "Goodbye, I'll be back later" he got up and said, "I said I was going with you." This happens ALL the time. Sometimes we won't get out for over an hour after he first agrees to a walk and then he only runs an errand instead of going for a full walk of 2 miles or more.

I find it very frustrating because he argues that he does nothing to interfere with my weight loss.

I slept only 4.5 hours last night. I went to sleep immediately but woke up within 30 minutes due to dh's twitching. Between me being wired, me being too hot (the bedroom was 76 when I went to bed because the windows were shut and the radiators are still belching heat), and his restless legs, it was after 1 a.m. before I got to sleep again despite going to bed at 10:30. I was too tired to get up and do anything to try and calm my mind and I couldn't switch beds since the spare bed is under 1.5' of clothing piled all over it. That will be gone by tonight, I swear, although I'm not sure where I'll pile things. Tomorrow is too big a day for me to miss any more sleep. I woke again through the night but was able to get to sleep.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:25 am

Kathryn - I think you did an OUTSTANDING effort this month with weight loss. I am 3 lbs behind you so I would love to be where you are. Give yourself a good POTB for your hard work.

I am a tiny bit disappointed with my weight loss this month. The day after Hank tragic fatal accident, my scales jumped up FOUR POUNDS!! I was shocked because I had not eaten to cause that big jump. It was purely a stress reaction of my body. I hoped the scales would show a 4 lbs drop the next day but nope....it has taken the rest of the month to lose it. So from beginning weight to end weight in March it shows a crazy up and down graph with the end result being only a 1% loss of my weight during the month of March. I'm trying to remain positive. My body did release those 4 lbs plus 1.7 more. But was a long bumpy ride.

I put a lot of time & effort into following the OA lifestyle. Today is Day #73 No sugar, no flour, no sweeteners. However, I have been a failure at doing the other parts of becoming abstinence. I am trying to not get frustrated with myself and remain patient. Many who give their testimony says it took them months/years to achieve complete abstinence.

I am discovering MANY other benefits from the OA lifestyle. Its focus is not weight loss but that is a side effect of following the 12 steps. It is hard work going through the steps and requires 1-2 hours of my time each day. Although it is a total PITA right now I am reaping enough of the benefits to keep me wanting to do it each day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:07 pm

Today's exercise opportunity is plant removal in front yard. I reminded h my shoulder was sore and to not over do it & about 15 min. Rule. I may walk the dog.

Return to “Healthy Habits”