Health and Fitness, March, 2018

Share healthy living habits.
Twins' Mom

Re: Health and Fitness, March, 2018

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:28 am

My "goal" is three workouts a week Harriet. Travels in Jan - Feb then being sick also have impacted my schedule.

I'm planning to get there today also. I just updated my workout from Wednesday and generated a new one. The Y uses a system that generates workouts based upon beginning strength level, length of workout desired, and intensity desired, alternating body areas so all get worked out. Today's workout is chest.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:02 am

My hip is healing. It is still sore but not as painful. I'll keep up with the ibuprofen again today. I forgot yesterday afternoon's dose so it was sore on the way home from the pub but not the sharp pain with every step I had a few days ago.

I didn't sleep well. It wasn't my hip, although my positions in bed are still limited by that. Last night dh was tossing and turning and calling out in his sleep. Finally after 3 hours of it I woke him up and made him take an ibuprofen. He said he wasn't sore, it was just dramatic dreams but someone he ended up on my side of the bed and I had had enough. The rest of the night was peaceful so I got a solid 4.5 hours of rest. I was too sore to move to the other bed (I wanted the moisture of the vaporizer and a heating pad and to move those things would be too disruptive.) I may sleep in there tonight, though. Last night I lay there thinking about how I'll get 4 nights of rest when dh is away at the end of the month.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:32 am

Got over 11k steps in yesterday... sure it was much more as I did a lot os shopping yesterday and my phone was in my purse. Scale is moving slowly. Don’t know why because I’m eating on plan and usually getting all my water in...hard to do yesterday as I was out of the house for more tha six hours.

Just gonna keep on staying the course. Still have time to reach my goal as my b’day is still 7 weeks away.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:39 pm

I managed a 2+ mile walk today around the neighbourhood and my hip isn't complaining any more than it usually does. So I declare it healed.

Hopefully I can start back down on the the weight loss. I've remained steady at the same number for over a week. I think I need the movement to help dislodge the fat!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:00 pm

I am back inside after raking leaves, got the most of them done in that last pile, I walked the dog too. It is a lovely day outside here simmy and nice.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:48 pm

Today I realise I don't need a hill to walk up to get puffed.
Hoping yoga + 2 x tai chi a week will help.
Realised my arms/ shoulders are noncompliant.
My after shoulder break recovery was tai chi and yoga led.
Maybe it can come back a bit.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:06 am

I know that puffed feeling Lynnlee ;)

Busy day yesterday... but got 10k steps in as well as my water and staying one plan. Scale still not moving much. Need to think about that.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:46 pm

I need to get a kink out of my neck.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:02 am

This is the strangest thing ever!!!

I've been noticing the past week or two that my hair color has roots showing. NO way. I have had the same routine for coloring my hair for years. Every 22 days has always been the right # of days before the roots start showing. I colored my hair on Feb 23 and it is due for the next coloring on 3/17. I didn't stop to analyze why my roots are showing because life is busy and I've been in a mental fog lately.

This morning I stopped while brushing my long hair because I was seeing what looked like short bangs on my forehead. Once I took a good look I could see I have about 1/2" to 1" long new hair growing everywhere on my head!!!!!! It isn't my roots showing that makes it look like I need to color my hair, it is all this new hair!!!!!

I haven't taken any new meds lately. All I have done differently is given up sugar, flour, and all sweeteners. And followed the exchange system of eating. (protein, grains, fat, dairy, fruit, vegetables)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:36 pm

I have walked ddog yesterday. my neck & shoulder & knee sore still a bit sore but not extremely so. Exercise will come in a bit.

Return to “Healthy Habits”