Health and Fitness, May, 2018

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, May, 2018

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 07, 2018 11:27 pm

Tomorrow is my apple, strawberry, banana day with mixed greens. Sweetie has stopped eating cereal, milk and bananas in favor of greens... that seems so weird to write... strawberry and blueberry with chia seeds, coconut butter, I could eat that by the spoonfuls.. and protein powder with almond milk.

He’s no longer eating bread either but have swapped it out for wheat sprout bread and muffins.

I’m making sure I drink 80 ozs of water and holding my nose twice a day for my AC drink. I’m giving up coffee and cream which usually starts my day. I gave up bread a long time ago but I continue to miss it.

Anyway gonna eat this way for two weeks... with the exception for Mother’s Day we have reservations for a restaurant and will eat steamed veggies and a small piece of beef. Then I will add solid protein back but keep up two shakes. I’m interested to see how all of this will effect my health and energy so I see this as a science experiment :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 08, 2018 8:58 am

I ate AH compliant yesterday - probably phase 2 because I added tropical fruit to the salad. I also forgot a carb with dinner, but had steak, cauliflower rice and a big green salad.

Kathryn, I did receive my fitbit zip from Fitbit yesterday and have it up and running. After you commented that I might now receive it, I bought one on Amazon and it hadn't even shipped yet when I received the shipping notice from Fitbit. I'll have two at least. I don't like something on my wrist. My watch comes off when I enter the house.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 08, 2018 5:01 pm

Mowing was my exercise today.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Finish my second day of smoothies. Was suppose to use mix greens but after lunch my stomach bothered me so for dinner I did half mixed and half spinach. That seems to be settle better with me.

I also made a pitcher of lemon, cucumbers and mint to drink, I had so take the cucumbers out as they didn’t set very well with me. Got in all needs water as well.

Did have a snack of tuna and will have an apple with no sugar PB drizzled over it later.

I am very surprised at how filling this smoothies are.

Tomorrow it’s bananas, apple and blueberries. Up till now it never occurred to me to use apples.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 09, 2018 9:01 am

My new fitbit came on Monday - it is the clip on kind and only records steps/miles/calories. I've adjusted the goal to 50K steps per week, approximately 7K daily for now.

I ate "on program" yesterday until dh offered me an ice cream bar last night. The ones from Costco are so good! Should be a very occasional treat, but I ate it anyway!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed May 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Ten min. Weeding is part of my exercise today. More tba later. I walked w the dog she pretty much insisted, missed it yesterday bc I mowed.

I also did some shopping.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 11, 2018 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 09, 2018 11:46 pm

Neglected to mention I had 3 days in April when I checked off all my 24 daily items and could type, "perfect". Rare that 2 of them were side by side. That was nice to prove I could do it. I have a few cookbooks on my A-river radar. They are not too pricey, so thinking about those. I'm sure that having all the fresh fruit in the house since Saturday has been good for me. I was continuing to use the leftover papaya and strawberries even this morning. Although I would never say papaya is my favorite fruit, since mango is similar and spoils me with great taste, papaya has such beautiful color and is so easy to use that it is a winner.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Thu May 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Congrats on the three perfect days, Harriet.
I downloaded the Daily Dozen app. It's a bit of a hazardous temptation for me, however. I want so much to be able to check all 24 boxes, but since I am not eating 100% plant-based, checking every box would result in far too much food for the day. I don't want to give up my whey protein shake in the morning or my greek yogurt. I still usually get 18 or 20 of the boxes checked though. Thanks for mentioning the Daily Dozen. I have watched some interesting videos about it and found some ways to add more nutrients to my diet.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Vacuuming was part of my exercise today.

Took moldy bread out last night helped w allergies :roll: .

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Made it through third day with no problems.

Not sure how my migraine meds will effect day 4. Wasn’t very hungry so didn’t do my morning and lunch smoothies.

Went to my dr to get my block shots in my skull. Figure steroids will effect something but that’s ok... gonna stay the course. One thing I do get to eat is an apple with sf pb and a few chopped nuts. I can live with that.

I plan to do a modified day for Mother’s Day. Easy to do. I will forgo my wine for the day...Salad, I’ll bring my own dressing, streamed veggies and steak, and still have my morning and dinner smoothies.

Sweetie is enjoying his morning smoothies as well.

Return to “Healthy Habits”