Health and Fitness, May, 2018

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, May, 2018

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Mid-month check-in

The eating plan continues to work well. Craving and binging are not happening. I am enjoying this way of eating very much because it is so easy to do. We did 5 days of traveling without a problem. I have had some extremely emotional days with grief and worry about DBro. I am almost shocked how these emotions have not been reflected in my eating. Having a healthy food plan to follow gives me the boundaries that I need.

My weight continues on a downward trend. The weight is coming off slowly. I am just focusing working the 12 tools and keep on keeping on. I have lost 2.4 lbs so far this month.

My sleep is doing okay. I had some short nights that I think were caused by grief & stress. But I averaged 7 hrs 33 minutes sleep last week so looking at my sleep from a weekly viewpoint it is excellent (for me).

The early morning walking habit is forming. I'm not perfect at it, but the frequency is improving.

My goals for the rest of the month -
** Eating - continue status quo
** Sleep - ditto
** Early morning walking - keep building this habit.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 13, 2018 7:31 pm

I’m doing well with my eating plan too. Didn’t knows smoothies could be so filling. Keeping up with my water as well. Sweetie just loves his morning smoothies and keeps telling my how much he looks forward to them.

Back from my Mother’s Day meal and I stayed on plan. However I did have a cup of decaf coffee after not having any for two weeks. Have to admit it did taste great.

Was going to do this plan for ten days, but after migraines, meds including steroids think I will do this for two weeks. I can tell the meds messed with intestines ...without giving TMI ... so will allow my body a few extra grace days,

Went back on my Zoloft because my sleep was getting wacko and that can effect my CH... cluster headaches...it takes my body awhile to adjust to it so I have to smaller doses till I can tolorate the full dose. I hate taking meds on a daily bases but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 13, 2018 9:07 pm

I walked in the field with ddog, her gopher hunt was a success so she beat me back to the shade in front yard. Then she got tired of that came in and got a sponge bath. The hens had the rodent last I saw it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 16, 2018 11:54 pm

Ramblin' I think it's wonderful you're even happy to give this plan extra days. How cool is that.

RunKitty, I love the reminder help of the daily dozen too, and I do know what you mean about watching out for eating too much. I can reach the end of the day with the mind-set that "I haven't eaten enough" because my check marks aren't all there. But in reality I ate foods that just didn't have a place to be recorded. For instance, I like to make my own coleslaw, but need to remember the food was more than just a "cruciferous vegetable" check mark, it was mayo, too. Or maybe I got a serving of nuts at breakfast, but more nuts were part of another meal with nowhere to record them. Doesn't sound like so much, but enough extras like that through the days, if added to all the checked off foods, can end up too much.

Dr. Fuhrman says wait to eat nuts by chopping them into a lunch or supper salad, or blending into the salad's dressing, so they help the phytochemicals in those veggies be well absorbed. That mindset of thinking ahead to where I want to "place" my foods during the day, is probably a good idea for me. I do need to plan how I'm going to eat ALL day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 17, 2018 11:20 am

I walked with the dog in the rain yesyerday, she got a blow dry after.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Thu May 17, 2018 1:34 pm

I'm a fan of smoothies also. Took Dr. Fuhrman's suggestion to add flaxseed to mine to compliment the kale. I've always eaten a few almonds at breakfast since that's when I take a D3. And I always add almonds to my lunch salad which contains greens and slaw. I have started having a slaw of some sort always available in the refrigerator. I don't add salad dressing so it can be added to my salad and my DH can add his own dressing to his servings. Right now it's just green cabbage, carrots, and broccoli. Last week was red cabbage, cauliflower, and carrots.
My microgreens have been growing very well on the coconut coir mats. I like the broccoli and kale microgreen the best and they are part of every daily salad.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Walked ddog after the rain today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 am

It happened AGAIN!

I am frustrated and fascinated at the same time.

My weight jumped 4.5 lbs in ONE DAY. And it didn't bounce back down.

This unexplainable weight gain happened the day Hank died and it happened again on Day 11 when DBro blood count was still flatlined.

The huge weight gain didn't come from overeating.

Stress can cause that much weight gain to happen in one day????

I'm trying to not be emotional about it. It is what it is.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 18, 2018 8:46 am

((LadyM)) Oh, shoot. not fair.

At our house, HRH would probably be suspicious the scale was giving false readings - grandchildren running across it, needing a new battery, somehow physically out of balance on its little button "legs".

Stress is mysterious, and can be from good things in life or worrisome things. Sudden fight-or-flight causes us to "empty" (sorry) in order to be ready for the flight at hand. But could a continuing tension cause the opposite... .. sure. And of course sodium/water retention is surprising sometimes.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 18, 2018 11:10 am

LadyM, wouldn't weight gain like that have to be water weight?

Dr. apt. was interesting. I guess. Usual chat about weight and this time exercise. I told her what I basically do and she says 1200 calories / day is too much for me. I am small-boned and 5'4". She says another of her patients my size had to go down to 800 calories a day to lose weight. :shock: I don't think I could even do that. My thyroid numbers are just on the line of being in the normal range. Low numbers. I wish she wouldn't keep me like that.

Must watch my glucose numbers, inched up a bit. Sore spot at top of ribs had her asking about my gallbladder. Sodium just barely in the normal range, right on the line. I got the pneumonia booster shot. She said if I got that she'd not be bugging me about it in the future. Okaaaay. Cholesterol was better.

Gotta get more active, at least I know that. Nothing that was said was a surprise to me. She doubts my low blood sugar claim because its never been tested... but phooey on that, I know what it feels like.

Sigh. Keepin on keepin on here. Y'all are doing better than I am.

Return to “Healthy Habits”