Health and Fitness, June 2018

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, June 2018

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:51 pm

This afternoon I tried on a dress I was hoping to wear for the out of town up coming wedding and it fits!!! It’s was questionable there for a while. And Sweetie, who never comments much about these matters said he thought I looked wonderful in it, and then went on to add he thought a bit of jewelry would reall look great to dress it up. :o

I went on to try all the other outfits I want to wear and every thing fits and looks great. Haven’t been one the scale, just every morning I get up and tell myself... just stick to the plan, no cheats!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:04 pm

That's wonderful, RR. I'm sure you will have a great time at all the wedding events.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:46 am

So when the DGKids were here they noticed my scale out in the open. Oldest gets on, ok. Little girl gets on, same as drs. office. Youngest gets on several times hahahaha!!! E!!!! I guess it only goes up to 250. We didn't think he was over 250. So we were laughing, and I took him to other bedroom where he got on that scale E!!!

Told DH and he said waaait-a-minit... and took him back to scale and made sure he didn't move on it and got a reading. Other DGS got on and said wait....I must have eaten a pound of chocolate chip cookies between the two scales because there was 1 lb. difference! :lol:

I got on both this morning, and there was exactly a 3-pound difference! Tried them several times. Now I wonder about my scales, which one was right. I like mine better!

RRose, BWTG on the dress. That's great. I am finding things in my closet I can wear once again. It's wonderful.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:11 pm

Have done vacuuming, some walking, and ten min. Getting weeds out in front of the hens run. For my exercise today. Walked the ddog our regular route as well.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:41 pm

HELP!

The doc wants me to take 4g of Omega 3's for a month then do blood work again. Although my cholesterol has come way down they want it down more so we agreed to try the Omega 3 and see if it makes a difference. I have tried the prescription statin drugs before and they cause my body to ache until I become depressed. I have no intention of trying those again if there is any other possibility.

So a question for here - has anyone researched the best Omega 3 form and brand? I tried to look it up but quickly became overwhelmed at even the simplest of decisions. Fish oil or Cod oil? So if I can't even decide on that question how am I ever going to find the right source & brand to take? Any suggestions?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:02 pm

Lady M ask your pharmacist. We take the diabetic ones in a packet, well h. does.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:14 pm

I take algae Omega 3 and have "cut out the middle fish" as the funny commercials with the mermaid actress says. Not as inexpensive, but no aftertaste, no mercury or other contaminants. The Vitamin Shoppe has their own brand of "Omega 3 from Algae" for $29.95 for 60. Another brand I've liked and found easily is this one. Another is iwi, which is the one in the mermaid commercials. In general, these will be better absorbed by the body - iwi has a chart on their site's first page, bottom, that shows absorption at each hour after taking supplements, up to the 10-hour mark, and the algae ones come out best.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Lady M, I suppose it's too late for you to try this now, but my pharmacist asked if I was getting leg cramps while taking the cholesterol stuff. Both DH and I are getting those. I told her I thought my hard floors here contributes and DH's work in the heat contributes. But still, she said to take coq10 which depletes from statins and said to take 100 mg. There was 200 mg there but she said one's body can only absorb so much of that so 100 in enough. That's supposed to help the cramping from statins.

Anyway, my dr. said to take fish oil to help lower my triglycerides. I understood that's what it helps, not the cholesterol itself. Who knows, I've been unable to get mine under control no matter what I do.

I do take some niacin. That's supposed to raise good cholesterol...and a friend said his dr. said drink a glass of red wine every day...though I heard grape juice is just as good for that.

I can't put gobs of money and time and effort into what supplements I take, so maybe the stuff I take isn't doing me any good at all. :roll:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:37 am

Tues. Got my walk in. Wout ddog too hot and too late.
Wed. Walked the ddog early that worked better.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:18 pm

A heaping tablespoon of yellow mustard will get rid of cramps. I use it all the time. People who do the Spartan races and such carry the mustard packets you get at a fast food place. I keep a bunch of them in my night stand drawer to use in the middle of the night. Some people drink pickle juice, but I can’t do that. Sometimes if my cramps are really bad I take a heaping serving spoon of mustard.

I take 1000 mag and 99mg of potassium every night as well as fish oil. Doesn’t seem to make a difference. My dr told my to take red rice yeast every night as that’s what in the statin drugs.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Healthy Habits”