Health and Fitness, December 2018

Share healthy living habits.
Twins' Mom

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2018

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:47 am

I made my goal of 50K steps for the week that ended yesterday and bumped the goal up to 56K steps (8K daily) for the coming week. That may be ambitious considering that I determined that my fitbit is overestimating steps; I've thought so awhile and yesterday got about 1200 steps from walking our block, when it should be between 900 and 1000. So I walked 100 steps counting and got close to 120 on the fitbit. I "reset" it by taking the battery out for awhile so will keep tinkering trying to figure it out.

My weight is up from the Saturday night feast, including wine. I'll do Druary (dry January) again this year for a reset.

I'd like to get the Fitbit recording properly - it's the only one left that can go on the waistband. I don't know why they are all wrist mounted now. I don't like wearing a watch at home, and when I'm out I like to wear a nice one. OTOH, as long as it's consistent I'm good. I need to step up (har har) this week to a slightly higher, but doable goal.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:42 pm

I did 30 min. On the stat bike. Next up walking the dog.
Done did that down town.
Today Thurs. In the field.

I have been doing over head arm raises at least 6 mo. Without wts. No visable results so have added arm circles. Hoping to reduce flabby angel wings. :roll:

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Going to start my cardiac exercises again and see how many days I can string in a row. My previous best was 8 days I think.
Sat/12-22: Cardiac rehab, 5,000 steps (My goal right now is 5,500 steps a day)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:56 pm

It's a great day to begin again on your cardiac rehab, Dee. Good job with the steps too!'
I counted up the number of days of continuously running 2+ miles and it totals 416. Your "begun is half done - So just begin" is so true. I stage my running clothes and shoes the night before, so I can just grab them and get dressed, feed the cat, and get out the door with the dog. I don't have to think about it; I just do it. I've begun before I realize it and I might as well finish, right? Why break such a nice running streak?
Best wishes for a personal best for you, Dee!
Twins' has been doing well with walking! WTG!
Nancy is always consistent with useful exercise like raking leaves and walking her dog.
Let's power through the holidays.....

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:42 am

Thank you for the encouragement RunKitty. Wishing I could do a little running like the old days but I think this body wouldn't handle the weight now. I ache enough when walking a lot.

Yesterday I put Powerstep insoles into my old walking shoes and they felt brand new. These shoes aren't worn out but the insoles do make them feel more supportive. I think I bought the insoles when I got the shoes - a little more than an year ago - and never installed because the new shoes felt so good! Link to the insoles: https://www.powersteps.com/shop-product ... nacle.html

My fitbit is still counting too many steps, but I'll take it for now. I'm assuming at least it's consistent. I need 6K today to get to 56K for the week. It's an improvement whether it's actually 5K per day or whatever, and I'm being consistent about getting in steps again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:18 pm

The right shoes, socks, and insoles make such a difference!! They are my favorite treat when I think I have earned one. :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:26 pm

I did 30 min. On the stat bike.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:47 pm

Decided I need to 'downgrade' just a bit. Am just going to post minutes exercised from here on for a while. Have exercised now for 3 days at least 25 minutes each day. I just tried to walk a little longer but figured out pretty quickly that I was too soon out of breath and so turned around and came back. Guess that puts me at only 20 minutes so far, SO.....have to do at least another 5-10 minutes inside later. Some is better than none and I guess I'll just have to build a little more slowly. Meeting smaller expectations is better than shooting for "mega" and falling way short. My goal is to incrementally get better day by day by day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Baby steps, Dee! We've all been there!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Twins. I now have 5 days in a row and hope to keep building on that -doing at least 25 minutes of exercise a day that is.

Return to “Healthy Habits”