Health and Fitness, January 2019

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, January 2019

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Did 30 on stat bike. I have been doing laundry for some steps as well.
Dgd is not coming Dd let me know this a m so that is good.
Thurs. Po sting from stat bike.
Thinking of low carb snacks for super bowl.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:14 pm

RunKitty, thinking of you this a.m. but no good advice. If you were here in the Carolinas I'd say grits might be a choice. :) I hope an idea comes to you when you see the menu. btw, I think know that syrup! ( "...sugar water with maple flavoring." ) I believe I've been served that several times!

Ramblin', if you like that crust, maybe you could remember it if you find a cheese substitute product? We don't have the Scotland ones that are so much in the news yet, but they are probably on their way. Papa John's and Pizza Hut are both serving them in the UK. There's one that WMart carries in their fruit-trays area here, called Chao, that's good in slices. I don't know if any of these would fit ways of eating.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:21 pm

Been thinking about the lab report DH got back at the drs. Dr. said everything was good. I went over it and found a number the same as mine was.... and MY doctor had a lot to say to me about what it meant and what I should be doing and how it could be problematic. Not one word from DH's dr.

I pointed it out to him and gave him my take on it and of course he knew what my dr. had said. He was quiet and thoughtful for a bit.

Today he stopped at the store. I guess he's not too worried. :x

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:51 am

This morning went just fine. I got up at 5:00 a.m. and ran two miles in the dark. It was so quiet and beautiful with the crescent moon hanging low in the sky with a few stars scattered around. We had time to drink our usual breakfast shakes with protein powder, flax seed, super greens, and frozen bananas.
I searched the menu at the restaurant and found plain crepes. They weren't terrible after I pushed aside the whipped butter and the "syrup". I ate about half the serving and drank lots of coffee. It was good to see my mother and my sister and her husband. After second breakfast, we went to my mother's house and my dh hung two large pictures on her dining room wall.
No grits in this part of the country. I ate them a few times when I lived in northern Florida. I wish they would offer oatmeal or fruit and yogurt. They seem to cater to an older demographic and they are not doing them any favors with all the fat and high sugar on their menu.

Return to “Healthy Habits”