Health and Fitness, February, 2019

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, February, 2019

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:22 am

February is an ideal month to consider the love we have for those around us including ourselves, and how our loving care for ourselves gives us more chances to better care for our family, our community, our world. Dr. Dean and Anne Ornish have always taught that the advice, "Love More", is one of the four basic components for improved health.

For lifestyle changes to be sustainable, they have to be pleasurable and meaningful, fun and joyful, loving and feeling good, as well as effective - and freely chosen. What you gain has to be much more than what you give up - and quickly! When you make changes in you diet and lifestyle and you feel better, It reframes the reason for making these changes from fear of dying (which is not sustainable) to joy in living (which is).

What an encouraging January we had in our thread here. So many posts about changes and plans, new ideas and lots of stick-to-itive-ness. :idea: Congratulations to everyone! Check the January thread for inspiration, and hop right in here with us to chat about making February healthy and fit. Love is so much more than a heart-shaped box of poor decisions! Let's make good ones.

Welcome!

RunKitty

Re: Health and Fitness, February, 2019

Postby RunKitty » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:05 pm

What a great opening post for this month, Harriet. I love the quote. and agree. Love is the foundation, the structure and the basis of everything.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:12 pm

I have been to the store and on the stat bike walked the dog as well.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:04 pm

We found Beyond Burgers at our grocery store and grilled them outside tonight. They were really good! Two thumbs up from us!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:37 am

Did the stat bike and walked the dog today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:00 am

Hi to Nancy and RunKitty.

My report of life in January, :) - my success was that I had my best month ever keeping up healthy habits since I started tracking with Daily Dozen. I had 6 perfect days of meeting all 24 healthy habits and I had 4 more days in which I was over 20, super close. So that was a third of my days spent "on top of my game" of remembering good habits and having recordkeeping at the forefront - very encouraging.

Can't forget that I also had the single worst eating day in recent memory, but I can work on avoiding that again, and I have the wide-mouth thermos now for a shield, lol!

Getting into the habit of chopping up any cruciferous veggies and onions ahead of time to get the most benefit from them.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Just don't give up.
Just don't give up.
Just don't give up.
Just don't give up.
Just don't give up.
Just don't give up.
Just don't give up.

I tell myself that over and over. I am having both success and failures with healthy habits.

I am currently researching and attempting to do Keto and IF (Intermittent Fasting). My first week of it resulted in 4.6lb loss. The research tells me this is water weight. I am doing daily Blood Sugar test in hopes that it shows the results I want. I am seeking health. Weight loss is just a side effect of my goal.

I have been reading books, listening to podcast and watching youtube videos that teach about Keto and IF. I am 100% on board with IF after just a few days of testing. I am highly skeptical about Keto WOE but I can't help but be intrigued by the science and results.

What intrigues me most about Keto WOE that I am researching....
** Keto works for some when seizure meds fail to stop seizures in children.
** MD Anderson requires patients with brain cancer to be on keto diet before they will start treatment.
** the navy seals use Keto diet because it prevents seizures when they are using rebreathing equipment.
I am binge watching Dr Boz and other doctors.

I plan on experimenting with Keto and IF during the month of February.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:39 am

My health goals for today are.....

** Continue with previously establish healthy habits (hydration, vitamins, checking Blood sugar, etc)
** IF 19:5. That means fast for 19 hours and eat in a 5-hour window. My eating window today is Noon to 5pm
** Keto WOE. Today's menu is a green salad, spinach casserole, cabbage soup & chicken wings
** Go to YMCA for a couple hours of exercise.
** WatchThe Sugar Film
** Watch Insulin Kills Autophagy
1. Know what you want.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:25 pm

I am back from the store and I walked an extra lap around the store, I did 30 min. On the stat bike before I left.
Tues. Did 30 on stat bike I do arms while on it also.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:02 pm

I don't know what I am doing with Keto eating and seem to be messing up more than I'm succeeding. As I study and learn I am continuously finding things that I should be doing differently.

IF works for my addictive brain and habit of late-night binge eating. Since I started IF, I'm not battling these tendencies. Yesterday i did go with 16:8 which is the recommended way to start IF. I wrote on yesterdays plan to do 19:5 because I keep wanting to tweak the eating window and shrink it down. I need to be patient and let my brain & body become used to 16:8 first before I start tweaking. Patience. Baby Steps.

My H&F plan for today.....
** Continue with previously establish healthy habits (hydration, vitamins, checking Blood sugar, etc)
** IF 16:8. That means fast for 16 hours and eat in an 8-hour window. My eating window today is 9am to 5pm
** Keto WOE. Today's menu is a green salad, creamed spinach, sauteed cabbage & roast
** Go to YMCA for a couple hours of exercise.
** Log food into MFP.
** Watch The Magic Pill (netflix)
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Healthy Habits”