Health and Fitness, February, 2019

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, February, 2019

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Lynlee- Thanks for that information! It sent me researching Paavo Airola and reviewing some of the dozen books he wrote.

Today is Day 3 and my blood sugar is still 20 points above normal. They say everyone is different in how long it takes. I thought it wouldn't take this long since I only drank/ate simple carbs one day, but I am finding out that isn't how my body responses. I am going to continue to eat mostly vegetables with moderate protein. I'll eat fat as needed to keep my hunger level down. This is what worked for me before to get my BSugar to go into normal range so I'm just going to be patient and hope for the best. I really want that good feeling energy that came when my BSugar was in normal range.

I have binge watching Youtubes by several doctors about insulin and all the aspects surrounding it. Dr. Berry, Dr. Bosworth, Dr. Jung, Dr. Berg are all fairly close on their explanation & recommendations. Of course, there are also doctors who say the opposite. I get overwhelmed and frustrated with trying to dig through to find the truth. I suspect there isn't a "one truth fits all bodies" Our bodies are not challenged by the same insults. So that leaves me collecting information and experimenting on myself. I am trying to listen to my body and go with what works for it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:32 pm

I did my 30 min. On stat bike this morning.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:07 pm

GL as you sift through all the info LM.
I'd be keeping with the protein though, and not going too far with fats, though fats were part of that book I recommended's recommendations. As was 4-5 small meals a day. It really changed what I thought of as a meal though. A banana and a glass of milk became the meal, instead of needing bread and pb as well, and he was the one who got me chasing up the ancient seeds I use instead of grains.

My personal info prev shared is in for a snip.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Day 4 and my BSugar has dropped almost another 20 points and is now within 3 points of the high side of normal. It is taking longer than I had hoped for my BSugar to drop but it is happening.

I continue to watch Youtube and read articles about insulin and how to influence it.

My energy level seems to be on the rise. I don't feel like I'm dragging 100lb anchor anymore. My thinking is becoming quicker and I find myself thinking of a multitude of things that I'm wanting to do. I moved my laptop to the kitchen counter because I don't want to sit down to use it. This is totally different than the past few days when all I had the desire to do is sit and breathe.

Maybe. Just maybe my BSugar will become normal again and stable. I have hope.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Lady M, are you walking or getting some exercise?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:41 pm

Got in another perfect checkmarks day so I'm at 5 for the month now, very much in line with the 6 during Jan.

Have found the online videos done by a sweet t-tapp trainer who is so cheery. She makes me smile to follow along - those have been good for my attitude. Perfect on rainy days and the (many) days it is well after dark before I can get to the "exercise" checkmark!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:44 pm

Lady M, are you walking or getting some exercise?

I paused exercising while waiting for my BSugar to settle down. I get about 4K steps inside the house without doing any exercise. Now that my BSugar seems to be settling down I will start adding the exercise back again.

Harriet - POTB!!
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:09 am

I swept 2" of snow off the driveway todatt for some exercise.cleared 2" off the deck and drive 2ay for my next roun d of exercise. 3rd round was 30 on stat bike, & walked the dog around the block, I messed up on my meds skipped a dose so had to be diligent with exercise.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:56 pm

ARGH - there are so many things to track and observe. I took a pause doing my daily SHE cards because i was doing so well (I thought). ANYway, the SHE cards reminds me to look at my sleep.....which I didn't do because I wasn't using SHE cards. Last week I only averaged 5 hr 28 minutes of sleep. I wasn't aware of this because I felt fine. In fact, I would say that I felt great. However, my body was sleep deprived when I pushed it past its "can do" point last Saturday. There are many factors that are needed for health. When I was younger I could get by with so much that I can't get by with now. Ignore a couple of the primary things the body needs and the body is greatly insulted.

My BSugar was 33 above normal today after fasting 14 hours. ARGH!. I ate lots of sauteed vegetables (cauliflower, spinach, rotel, onions) last night which has carbs. Is my body really that sensitive?
1. Know what you want.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:09 pm

LM - eating protein with the veges helps slow the spike.
I really think getting medical assessment and advice would be helpful at this stage.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Healthy Habits”