Health and Fitness, June 2019

Share healthy living habits.
RunKitty

Re: Health and Fitness, June 2019

Postby RunKitty » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:15 pm

Nancy, tell us more about your neighbor's new eating plan. I like to hear new ideas which are backed by good science and also have good results for people we know.

WTG with being back on track with your walking. You usually get the weather we had the day before, usually with less moisture. We had a light, warm rain in the morning. I was soaked when I got home from running, but not at all cold.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:24 pm

Neighbor saw it on PBS I think. I do not know which one. It really sounded a lot like what LM described bc neighbor talked about the no eating at night past 2 hrs. Before bedtime I think it was. Something about brain health was also mention to prevent Alzheimer's maybe google key words.

The latest version is the Canadian Brain Health Food Guide, created by scientists in Toronto. Another, the MIND (Mediterranean DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay. Could to this one it was mentioned, as well as "The Mind Diet". "Think before you eat". Martha Clare from Kiezer Health news.

My friend/ said this is "The end of Alzheimer's" by Dale Bredesen. No gluten, low sugar, no dairy,lots of veg. Some fruit, fish, & some beef & chicken etc. Exercise, fast every nite finish eating dinner by 7 ,pm , does not eat till 7 am. No snacking. This has been sussessful in helping patients.
She does not follow it 100%.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:05 pm

Today exercise was a long walk on one of our regular routes.
Also shopping, did several lap s looking at stuff while I picked up forgotten items and decided on a purchase & got Rx.
Did some weeding.

Return to “Healthy Habits”