Health and Fitness, August 2019

Share healthy living habits.
Twins' Mom

Re: Health and Fitness, August 2019

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 pm

Just made my walking goal for the last two days. I was short yesterday so I made that up and made my daily step count. Over 10K steps for the day.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Big pats on the back for our consistent walkers!

RunKitty, I take an Algal Oil supplement called "Ovega-3", which is 1 softgel per day, for 270 DHA and 135 EPA. I will say that this particular product has not been my least expensive decision, and if I found some time to do it, I could probably shop around and save money.

I have never found any info on what type of algae is used for any of the Algal Oils, although I do read "safe and naturally sourced" on this bottle. (smile - I have no idea what that means in relation to the concerns about some kinds of algae). I notice yeast-derived Omega-3s are mentioned favorably, but I know nothing about yeast-derived. It would be great if my body would just say, "hey, we're still doing great on turning seeds and nuts into DHA. Don't worry about it", but it can't give me that kind of status report. ;)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:38 pm

After being sidetracked for the past two weeks, I’m back at it again.

Both yesterday and today I was able to get in more than 10k steps and 5 miles on my Gazelle.

Not seeing the weight loss results I want on this new to me eating plan so am going back to the one I lost 20lbs with the last time.

Back to eating my flaxseed skinny muffin which I really missed. This plan fits my lifestyle much better

Still have won my diet bet with 9 days till it ends and going to start a new one tomorrow. You can play as many as three games at a time.

Helps to keep me motivated, focused and on plan.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:47 pm

WTG, RR! There will be lots of eating and good food and drink on this upcoming trip. We will be walking a lot and I'm taking very comfortable shoes. I'll stay on my WOE when possible and sample some "off program" foods. If I try a dessert, I'm often satisfied with a bite or two.

The other part of my WOE that I try to keep in mind is to eat to 80% full.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:52 pm

I finally got a walk in with the dog this evening. It finally cooled off.

Return to “Healthy Habits”