Health and Fitness, September 2019

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, September 2019

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks LM !
I have walked ddog a bit, and got the rest of my exercise on the stat bike today, and going up and downstairs
For laundry etc.

Mon. I walked the dog a short walk and mowed for exercise today.
Got good report @dr. Apt. Today.
Walking was good to be able to say I do it daily for 30 min.
Walked Tues. & Wed.
I used umbrella walked the dog in the rain on Thurs.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:55 pm

Today is Day #29 of the 100-day challenge with myself. I have completed 4 weeks of tracking my daily stats in 11 categories. I am finding it impowering and motivating to see the documented progress. I'm the first to admit that it is baby steps but I am learning my body and seeing results happen in the right direction.

I am thrilled that my blood sugar has not been in the diabetic range for the past 9 days. Yes, it is still in the pre-diabetic range but I remain hopeful that it will continue to lower since seeing this progress. It is a slow process to get it to change and stay there. I'm not sure I have the right nutritional goals & eating window to make it happen so I will continue to learn and tweak my daily goals.

Carbs remain the unknown with me. The mainstream medical people say 45-60% of calories should be from carbs. However, eating that many carbs makes my blood sugar go up into the diabetic range. It feels like a balancing act. I want my carb intake as high as I can get it without having negative effect on blood sugar. I have documented what happens to my blood sugar when I eat higher % of carbs. I know there is a link between the two categories, but I don't know (yet) how many carbs my body can handle. This past week I ate 27% carbs and saw a positive result in blood sugar staying out of the diabetic range. I'm going to keep the 27% carb intake for next week and see if the downward trend in BS continues.

I continue to make small increases in my goals in 3 categories each week. Steps, nonstop exercise minutes and fasting hours (aka eating window). At the slow rate that I am increasing them, it is going to take several more weeks to get these categories up to the level that I want. I am taking the slow and steady approach to them because I am finding them a huge challenge to consistently accomplish.

I am on track with my goal to lose 2lb a week. I have lost 7.8 lbs in the past 4 weeks.

This past week I achieved 87% success in hitting my goals. That is my best week yet.

I rewarded my efforts with a subscription to Fitbit Premium (about 21cents a day). I love seeing actual numbers and stats because it motivates me to do better. FBP gives me more information than I can gather by myself. It is a perfect gift that just keeps on giving for someone who likes tracking health stats.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:01 pm

I am trying to set up trackers in my bujo for next week / I think I have set some up that will work.
Rode ex. Bike 20 min.
Walked 20 min. As well.
Sat. Helped h with gutter removal for my exercise.

Return to “Healthy Habits”