Health and Fitness, September 2019

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, September 2019

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:09 pm

Come in and chat with us here about gaining and maintaining good health, strength and stamina.

First, because we are worth it! And also because it prepares us every day to meet the challenges of our wonderful calling, homemaking.

Probably ALL our villagers, no matter the hemisphere, are grateful right now for a change of seasons. Lynlee will welcome signs of spring and some warmth to get outside more. For many of us who have suffered through a very hot summer, we can peek out and dare to consider the sunshine for a while.

How does the change in season help you reach your goals?

Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, September 2019

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:26 pm

Doesn’t help me as I won’t begin to see fall temps below 90 till Nov 1 and will still see 100+ temps well past the first of oct. Going home at the end of Oct will help.

Well I’m still on my eating plan but not weighing daily. Been doing Pylo which is combo of Pilates and yoga. Certainly very challenging for me but I like it. Also trying to get in 8-10K steps now that I have added that. No outside walking for me till the end of September.

I did eat a peach today which isn’t on my plan, but they are from Utah and treasured much like GA peaches when in season. Not going to feel bad abt that as I plan to treat myself once a week.

I like the eating plan I’m doing...old Jorge Cruise’s 100 Sugar for two reasons. First I lost 20lbs last time I did it, and second I like the planned meals...it’s very similar to the way I eat anyway.

The low carb one that I was following involved too much planning and I wasn’t comfortable with the 64 hour fasting that was suggested.

I might not loose as fast while doing this one, but I lost 20lbs following it in a little over two months.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:44 pm

I am always sorry to see summer go. I love the light. We usually have pretty nice weather during the autumn months and running through the fallen leaves is fun.

I;ve listened to the Intermittent Fasting webinar several times. There were two main points of interest to me. None of the forms of fasting seemed to be effective or safe except the "eating window" concept. The eating window could be from three to 13 hours. I used to stop eating by 7 p.m. and start eating around 5:30 a.m. Now I stop around 4 p.m. and have my breakfast shake around 8:30 a.m. My dh, who has never had a weight problem, but claimed to have belly fat he wasn't happy with, decided to try the eating window of 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. He has always eaten little snacks right up until bedtime, nothing too junky. Within two weeks his belly fat was gone. No kidding!! He had to punch new holes in his belts.

The second interesting point was that two groups of people eating the same number of calories but at different times of the day had very different weight loss experiences. Those eating most of their calories early in the day had significantly more weight loss than those eating most of their calories later in the day. There is supposed to be a lot more about these findings in the book coming out in December. My dh decided to try making fruit smoothies in the afternoon as a treat. They were delicious. I had been having a piece of toast as my last food before my eating window closed. I moved the toast to an earlier time so I could have the fruit smoothie last. I lost a coupl of pounds without even trying to lose. Same calories; different timing.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:12 pm

Today's exercise was harvesting fruit, plums, and beans.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:13 pm

I am always inspired and learn when I come here. Thank you for sharing your experiences and I'm cheering for your successes!

I remain in "Just Don't give up" status. I have some good times and then life happens and I fall back. So I start AGAIN.

Yesterday I made a spreadsheet that I named "100 days ….what will change?". I am tracking some health stats to observe what changes in the next 100 days. I was inspired to do this while watching a video that shows how the A1C test covers about the last 3 months. For whatever reason I was inspired to track for 3 months or in my case 100 days.

Intermittent Fasting aka having an eating window does work for me. I find that I don't fight it (mentally). I think that it is because I'm not denying myself anything. If I am craving something then I can eat it. I just need to wait until my eating window opens to have it. I hesitate to say that it has cured my night time binge eating, but I do know that I am not struggling with that now. My eating window isn't a firm thing that never changes. I adjust it to whatever is happening that day. On a normal day, I typically eat between 11am - 5pm.

I want to understand more about the autophagy process. I continue to learn as time allows.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:32 pm

I walked the ddog to day for my exercise.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:13 pm

Started back with Jason today and itfeels good.

I ordered my earrings as I am 1.5 lbs from my next big goal and hopefully by the time they arrive I will be there. Actually ordered a second pair so that when I hit my next goal after it I will be able to wear them as well.

These are not cheap costume ones... real gold with real stones, but they are on sale and under $50. I should be able to cover each pair with the money I win from my Diet Bet.

I purchased a beautiful bracelet when I hit my 20lbs last time and I've been wearing it to remind myself I can do it again. Bought it with my win money from 5 games. Its a win/win/win all the way around for me.

Jason wants me to start walking the mall..too hot to walk outside yet. He says he not a fan of treadmills as free power walking instead of the treadmill uses more parts of your body. He wants me to eat 3-4 ozs of protein a meal which is doable for me. He also like IF but not on a daily basis. Says for some people the body will slow down it metabolism so he suggests confusing it by doing IF off and on. He suggest 2 days on and 1 day off to see what happens.

I am off to eat my treat for the day...a Utah peach which has been waiting for me. Yummm Yum :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:29 pm

I walked the ddog the morning.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:05 pm

I got my work out in yesterday and stayed on my eating plan, which reminds me I need to check on whats for dinner tonight.

Cleaning the house will be my exercise today although I will try to get in extra steps. Drinking water is not a problem today because I get hot cleaning...remember its !10* here today and my thermostat is set at 79, but I do have my ceiling fans going.

Its amazing what B and D vitamins do for my body...energy plus if I would just remember to take them every day.

And, the music from Journey, Jon Jovi and the Pointer Sisters really help to get my body going and keeping it in gear!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:38 pm

I walked today with the ddog. Great for stress relief.

Return to “Healthy Habits”