Health and Fitness, October 2019

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2019

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Walked the dog it was raining a bit, I took my umbrella.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Walked the dog on Sunday, it was lovely to see the fall color!

Is this thread members only or open for public to view?
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:25 am

Well just wanted to post though I haven’t been on my scale, my clothes are tells my me my weight is going in the right direction.

Still on my eating plan though I did stray just a tad on my vacation with Sweetie. However I figured during those 4 days we walked a total of almost 20 miles. That’s a definite win for me.

Usually I eat cereal at my moms for breakfast because that’s what she eats. I don’t normally do that because of the carbs and the sugar in the milk She has. Skim milk has more sugar in it than heavy cream. So I asked her tonight if she had eggs that I could eat instead. Don’t know how many steps I will get in, but will do my best

I packed my running shoes and there are great places around where she lives to walk.

Will start back doing three days at the gym when I get home. My goal is to hit what I want to weigh before Christmas and I am determined more than ever to do it... especially now that the weather is cool enough to walk to n the mornings.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:56 am

And I hit my step goal this week, first week since taking off two weeks with Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur weeks. Tomorrow and Wednesday will be difficult - I'll be on the road - but we'll see.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 am

Today is Day #50 in my 100-day tracking.

I am very grateful to have been influenced to make changes. Having good mentors is important and I count this group as vital to challenge my thinking as well as encouraging my baby step changes.

This week I experienced a couple of things that I could not have done 50 days ago and I had a "WOW!" moment. Some categories are showing more responses than others. In some ways, it seems infuriatingly slow for my body to respond to changes being made. I keep reminding myself that real change takes time.

Physical strength - each week I have added a little bit more of steps and exercise minutes. The increases have been small but it felt like a huge challenge for me to met them. Week #1 my step goal was 4000 steps a day and 20 minutes of exercise. Week #8 I have reached my goal in these categories and will stop increasing each week. Now the challenge will be to maintain 10k steps a day and 60 minutes of exercise. Consistency in doing this is a big challenge. I am learning to establish many small habits that add numbers to these goals throughout the day so I can meet my goal by the end of each day. For me, it isn't one BIG change but many small changes.

The blood sugar change I'm seeking remains unsolved. I've proven to myself that my BS is tied to # of carbs. I haven't been able to get carbs consistently low enough to get BS into the normal range. The effort continues.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:52 am

LadyM....
There is a closed group on FB the Mountain Woman/Empty nester used to loose her 85 lbs.

It’s called Type 2 Diabetes Rebels. It’s all about checking your BS, eating 20 carbs or less daily and many members have had remarkable results taking their A1c from 14 to 5 points. Some have even lost the need for meds.

The people on the site are extremely knowledgeable. Many people like myself join but don’t post. You might want to check it out.

I joined because I wanted to see if my blood sugar was affecting my migraines.

The posts alone are inspiring especially from people who are trying to keep their blood sugars ranges from 85-110. Lots of information to absorb and I love their community.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:15 pm

I have done 30 min. On the exercise bike this morning.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:21 pm

I'm ahead on my walking goal for the week, I may need to use the treadmill some later today, however.

Just tallied some numbers, I've lost 14.9 lbs since 2 Jan - this is using a 10 day weighted average to adjust for fluctuations. (I was away and didn't weight on the morning of 1 January.) For the month of October, I'm down only .2 of a lb - negligible, but I have resumed walking and am hopeful that I can start losing again slowly. I've had more issues with food cravings lately, so staying on the straight and narrow will help with that too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:21 pm

No candy in the house not going any where.
I do not do Halloween.
Had 1 piece of candy last nite.
One piece last week.
Did 25 min. Yesterday 30 min. on stat bike today.

Return to “Healthy Habits”