Health and Fitness, November 2019

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, November 2019

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:09 am

I am on Day #91 of my 100 day tracking challenge with myself. I am glad I did this challenge because it has proven to me that it is time to "wave the white flag" and seek help. I have tried and tried in the past 13 weeks to get my blood sugar to drop into the normal range (80-100). In the past 91 days and hundreds of sticks to test BSugar, it has only been in normal range 3 times and those reading were 99 and 98 (barely in normal). I have tried eating low carb and fasting over and over which should drop my blood sugar but it hasn't been successful. This week my fasting blood sugar is consistently out of prediabetic range and into diabetic range (over 125). No matter what I try, my blood sugar is going in the wrong direction.

I am currently 64 years old and on zero prescription medication. I have proven to myself that prescription medication will probably be necessary. I called and made an appointment with the family doctor.

On a good side. In the past 91 days, I have lost 12.9 pounds. I have not been successful at controlling my blood sugar but I'm counting the weight loss part of the challenge a success.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Re: Health and Fitness, November 2019

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:44 pm

LadyM, I am sorry you weren't able to conquer this any other way. You surely tried hard.

We have way too much food in the house. Too many carbs for sure. I'm not used to eating this way. At least once a day at mealtime all I want to eat is a green salad. My tummy is rebelling against having any more food put into it.

I was 7 lbs down before Thanksgiving, now I'm 5 lbs. down.

DSiL showed up with 2 huge godiva coffee mugs full of godiva chocolates for DH and I. Fortunately, more packaging than chocolate...but still.... and it is so good!

Return to “Healthy Habits”