Health and Fitness, November 2019

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, November 2019

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:14 pm

Did 20 min. On stat bike.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:28 pm

Thank you for the info!

Because I really enjoy a thick smoothie and gravitate toward recipes that may even be called, "shakes", I use as a base either avocado or silken tofu.

In my fridge usually is the same milk Ramblin' mentions, but that's mostly for cooking and over dry cereal. I personally am fine with cashew milk, but HRH doesn't care for the off-white color and slightly thicker mouthfeel. I keep meaning to try oat milk, bragged on by many.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Stayed on my plan. Had my muffin in the morning. Ate out last night. Grilled chicken, squash and onions. Drank diet soda, the first in over a month. A treat to myself!!!

Haven’t weighed yet, will do that Monday, but know I’m down because I’m wearing clothes that haven’t fit in a while.

Need to keep drinking my water and plan to get some steps in today.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:17 pm

Ramblin', that's wonderful to bring some smaller clothes back into the rotation!

RunKitty, thinking you'd be interested that on you tube from England, the interview program London Real has Greger on now, as of the 3rd of this month. I have been trying to form an opinion and have only been able to get 10 minutes to myself at a time watching this 50-minute show, but so far, good enough to mention. A dimly-lit, intense talk show that allows only one guest per episode. Several tidbits that I haven't heard before.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:17 am

Non scale victory - as we say in AH-land. Somehow I ordered a "Medium" for an online top, and it fits! Unfortunately, the color isn't flattering, so it goes back, but it fits!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:37 pm

I walked the dog today.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:39 pm

That's great, Twins'. Nice non-scale victory!!

Harriet, I watched the Real London interview. Thanks for the heads up. Dr. Greger is truly a hero. It's remarkable that all the money from his books and speaking engagements goes to charity. I like that he won't retire until everyone is informed about healthy eating.

We tried the white flesh sweet potato. It did taste a bit like vanilla cake, probably more so if you haven't tasted actual vanilla cake in a long time.

I am getting all my legume servings now on the Daily Dozen since I started making hummus. I didn't like the store hummus I bought in the past, but I love the hummus I make now and use it as salad dressing most days. I've been eating a lot more tofu lately too.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:40 pm

I raked leaves off the front yard, and walk ed the dog for my exercise today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Just finished my 9K steps for today. I fell short by 1600 yesterday but with the week starting yesterday, I can make it up easily. I was thinking 9K steps was very doable - that was before the weather turned so cold and walking outside became so unpleasurable.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:50 am

I am very close to my first big scale goal. Hope to make it by Friday, but if not by Monday. I am excited and very motivated to make that happen.

Made 8K steps on Monday, maybe more cause my Fitbit quit working. Got over 10k in yesterday.

Stayed on my eating plan as well.

Yesterday I stopped by my favorite store since I was in the area and I seldom get there anymore. Haven’t bought any new clothes in a while since I have a closet full waiting for me once I get this weight off. However decided to treat myself since I’m headed for Dallas and wanted something new. Bought a beautiful pull on leggings type pants and a very interesting sweater, both in a smaller size that I’ve been wearing for the past year. I could justify it because they will continue to fit as I continue on this weight loss journey.

They look great on and make me look wonderful, at least to myself, and will continue to motivate me. They are visible hanging in my closet and makes me smile when I see them.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Healthy Habits”